Review of Miscellaneous Moments

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Review of Miscellaneous Moments

Post by Menace Crypto »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Miscellaneous Moments" by Elicittheword.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Poetry has always helped me keep a calm mind, and it offers me a way to channel my emotions. I can't just help but remember William Wordsworth's definition of poetry, which says, "poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful emotions recollected in tranquility". Miscellaneous Moments by Elicittheword is a collection of forty short poems. It depicts the author's life experiences and portrays the emotions of the author.

The book has 40 poems that portray the author's experiences. It talks of her experience with a serial killer, her childhood experience, depression, married life, and her experience with childbirth. The book also shows the author's struggles with different emotions. Her teenage choices, which include alcohol and nicotine. The poems also talk about the author reflecting on her youthful days and how she now sees and understands things differently as she gets more mature and older. Get a copy of this book today and experience poetry at its finest.

I've always enjoyed reading poetry, but I've never been able to totally relate to the poems I've come across. This book was different as I could connect with the emotions the author was trying to portray using the poems. The title of the book is perfect. Each poem’s title also relates to the message the author is trying to pass on. The titles of the poem also give the reader a vivid image of the events mentioned. The underlying messages in the poems are also very clear, and the reader can understand the speaker without any stress. The words used by the author are captivating, and her use of poetic license was just perfect.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. The mood and tone for each poem were expressed correctly. Examples of the moods used in the book are romantic, cheerful, reflective, etc. While the tones include regretful, joyful, sad, nostalgic, etc. The book also had several themes like death, family, love, relationships, etc. The author's writing style is stylistic and engaging. All the poems contained in the book are captivating, but if I were to choose a poem I loved most, it would be "Beauty". The author's opinion of beauty is the same as mine. The book also had proper structuring. In summary, one can say this is an exquisite piece of literature.

The book was professionally and exceptionally edited. I didn't come across any errors that distracted my reading or hindered my reading comprehension. The poems contained in the book are well-written and compelling. I'm therefore rating Miscellaneous Moments by Elicittheword 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to lovers of poetry.

Miscellaneous Moments
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”