Review of Games of Endless War

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Games of Endless War

Post by Melisa Jane »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Games of Endless War" by Rod Wade.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Soldiers sacrifice a lot to ensure that civilians are safe from external attacks. However, sometimes they get underappreciated. For example, after serving their country for a long time, most soldiers end up homeless. They also lose touch with their families. For this reason, there's a need for everyone to realize how important our soldiers are, even after their retirement. Games of Endless War by Rod Wade is a collection of short stories and poems that mainly talk about soldiers' lives during and after their service in the army.

This book has two hundred and thirty-two pages. It is divided into over forty different titles. Some of these titles are poems, while others are short stories. In this review, I'll only summarize the first two poems and one short story.

The first poem, Soldier Dies at Dawn, talks about a soldier's experience on a battlefield and what goes through his mind during an explosion. The second poem, Lady Christ, is divided into ten chapters. In the first chapter, the persona recalls both the lonely days and the days when he had good times with an undisclosed woman. The first short story, The Brown Vet, talks about the experience of a soldier who just came from war. It discusses how the war affected his life, especially his relationship with families and friends. He's tired of several interviews by the media about his experience in the war.

I liked several things about this book. First, the author's decision to bring to our attention the suffering of our soldiers is commendable. Second, I like how the author, when talking about Nazism during world war II, kept an open mind. Third, since I only found one grammatical error while reading, this book was adequately edited.

Although this is an exciting book, it has some flaws. First, although it was well edited, its structure needs some adjustments. For instance, every letter at the left edge of each page is in an uppercase, even when it appears in the middle of a sentence. This made the reading challenging because, at times, I thought it was the beginning of a new sentence. Second, sometimes the paragraphs appear in the middle of the sentences. I recommend that another editing be done, this time focusing on the structure of the book.

In conclusion, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't rate it lower because the book was educational and fun to read. I deducted one star because of the aforementioned flaws. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading poems and short stories about wars, especially world war II. I can't think of any groups of people who won't enjoy reading it.

Games of Endless War
View: on Bookshelves
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
David Iba
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by David Iba »

Soldiers are the important people in our life. The fight for us, on that same process, must of them loses their life for our countries to be save. This book is so interesting.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

This book really catches my attention with its theme. Looking forward to exploring it myself. Thanks for the review!^^

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”