Review of War Within

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of War Within

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "War Within" by Michael R Bane.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

War Within by Michael R. Bane is a collection of poetry on various themes, including love, loneliness, and pain. The writer's tone is simple, affectionate, and emotional, as many of the poems in the text involve his own emotional experiences.

The author begins by describing his love for poetry by explaining how beautiful it is when his pen flows and it does not stop. He also questions how a letter made up of his life would look like and whether people would like to read it. He also explains that he writes his poems after searching his mind and releasing his thoughts, his dreams, and his inner world. The poet also describes his armor that does not allow hatred and bitterness from others to penetrate him. The writer continues by describing the grace and favor he has received from the Lord, which is why he did not get what he deserved, and he will not burn. The poet also thanks God for pulling him out of the mud and releasing him out of the darkness, which means that now he must live in truth to be free from all demons harassing him.

This book was beautiful in several points. More specifically, the poems were original and creative, as the poet’s ideas were a result of his personal experiences and his life journey. Additionally, the poet expressed his emotions openly with various poetic techniques and vivid descriptions, placing the reader in his shoes throughout the text. I also liked the author’s encouraging and uplifting tone, as he always left a positive message through his poems. What I liked most about the book was that the writer was very creative, showing his expert use of language through the use of rhyme and rhythm in the poems without compromising his ideas and his message.

What I disliked most about this book was that it had too many grammatical and typographical mistakes, which downplayed the writer’s status.

This book will be mostly liked by readers who like poetry and want to be encouraged and motivated to become better individuals. Christian readers will prefer this book because the author quotes multiple Biblical verses and writes from a Christian perspective.

In conclusion, this book deserves a score of 3 out of 4 stars. I removed a star from the overall score because the book had too many grammatical mistakes. However, I could not give a lower rating because the poems in the text were encouraging, creative, original, and uplifting.

War Within
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”