Review of The Circuitous Route

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Review of The Circuitous Route

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Circuitous Route" by Grant Sutor Vuille.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Scott was into sport and band while Anthony was immersed in art and drama back in high school. However, both of them seem to have something in common which is more than ordinary. Their first high school reunion party brought the old friends together again after a long time. When the party was over, Scott and Anthony decided to go fishing at the Aquamarine Lake with some bottles of beer and flasks of whiskey onboard. On getting to the Lake, something strange happened. “Aquamarine” is the first drama of the seven dramas in the book titled The Circuitous Route by Grant Sutor Vuille.

It’s the 25th anniversary of the Playhouse at Small Ville, USA. The Playhouse had given Mark and Julie twenty years of an acting career and therefore wants both of them back on stage to perform at a musical variety show that was organized to raise money for the playhouse, which is now in the red. Would Mark and Julie give back to the platform that has given so much to them? “Ascorbic Acid Freak” is the second drama in the book, The Circuitous Route written by Grant Sutor Vuille.

The major positive aspect of this book is that the author did a great job defining the characters, time, and the settings of each scene in the book. For instance, in the drama “Doctor George’s Magnificent Zeppelin,” the twenty-eight characters were clearly defined and developed without any form of ambiguity. This, I must say, aided my comprehension and enjoyment of the book.

Though there are many intriguing and enjoyable dramas in the book, I particularly enjoyed and found the drama titled “Doctor George’s Magnificent Zeppelin” hilarious, informative, engaging, and entertaining. More so, Junie’s inconsistency in her choice of a lover, the concept of the Vanity-Ego-Reflector developed by Dr. George, and the suspense wrapped around “Queen thirteen” looking into the reflector mirror made this drama unputdownable for me.

The abrupt ending of some of the dramas in the book without a twist made my reading boring at some points. However, the unveiling of some other chapters made me quickly forget my previous experience and want to keep turning pages over.

Lastly, I would like to caution teenagers and sensitive readers, that the book contained excessive use of non-borderline profanity and erotic scenes.

I give the book The Circuitous Route 3 out of 4 stars rating because I found more than ten typo errors and would therefore recommend it to adult readers and lovers of drama and poetry books.

The Circuitous Route
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hana_Fabro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-fabro.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hana_Fabro »

The title sounds captivating. I also liked the colorful cover. But I'm just a little disappointed because of the negative aspect you mentioned. Thanks for your lovely review.
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

I can see you enjoyed, The Circuitous Route" by Grant Sutor Vuille. I would like to experience the same enjoyment, nice review.

Tebogo Eugene M wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 04:02 I can see you enjoyed, The Circuitous Route" by Grant Sutor Vuille. I would like to experience the same enjoyment, nice review.
Yes, I did. I believe you would have the same experience when you pick it up. Thanks for your comment!

Hana_Fabro wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 01:12 The title sounds captivating. I also liked the colorful cover. But I'm just a little disappointed because of the negative aspect you mentioned. Thanks for your lovely review.
Thanks for stopping by.
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

This one seems like a book I would read. Hilarious drama is my thing and I think I am going to read this book. Thanks for the review.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
Prarthna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarthna.html
Latest Review: The Farmer by Sam Braidwood

Post by Prarthna »

Based on your review, I think I will enjoy the drama “Doctor George’s Magnificent Zeppelin”. Thanks for the great review!
Shivansh_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Shivansh_Reviews »

I learned a great deal of things about this book from the review. The plot seems quite intriguing to me and I'd love to learn more about it. Thanks for the amazing review.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Sometimes, a short story is everything you need. Thank you for your great recommendation, and I hope to read this wonderful collection soon!

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 07:34 Sometimes, a short story is everything you need. Thank you for your great recommendation, and I hope to read this wonderful collection soon!
I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by.

Shivansh_Reviews wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 07:12 I learned a great deal of things about this book from the review. The plot seems quite intriguing to me and I'd love to learn more about it. Thanks for the amazing review.
Thank you for your comment.

Prarthna wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 05:07 Based on your review, I think I will enjoy the drama “Doctor George’s Magnificent Zeppelin”. Thanks for the great review!
That, I can assure of. It's indeed a wonderful experience. Thank you for your comment!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I do appreciate books with humor in them. However, the abrupt endings and the errors are reasons for me to question whether I want to read this book. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I'm not a big fan of abrupt endings, but the book still sounds very promising :) I like the cover very much! Thanks for a wonderful review!
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Something strange happening while intoxicated on a lake? Seems interesting. I like the idea of this novel and would like to read it. Wonderful review! :D

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”