Review of Inkling Whispers

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Review of Inkling Whispers

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Inkling Whispers" by Francine Fallara.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Covid-19 pandemic of 2020 left pain and loss in its wake. Lives were lost, businesses suffered, and our freedom of movement was taken from us through a series of lockdowns. It would be safe to say that the memories of the pandemic would continue to create a bitter taste in our mouths (I'm speaking figuratively). However, it wasn't all doom and gloom. For Francine Fallara, it triggered her creativity to document her photo-walk escapades and create poems out of them. These experiences gave birth to Inkling Whispers.

Inkling Whispers is a collection of poems and photos taken during the author's walks and travels. The book is divided into four sections containing poems that resonate with the central theme. The author creatively captioned the sections as "End Me," "Waft Me," "Save Me," and "New Me." There was also a bonus section containing only one poem. Join the author as she dissected several issues using her poetic dexterity.

As someone who had tried poetry before, I'd say that this collection was unique. I enjoyed the freedom with which the author expressed herself. She didn't necessarily follow some standard rules of poetry. However, I could see the author's ability to string words together to pass a message systematically. I'd classify this work under free-verse poetry.

I liked that the author took me on a progressive journey with the arrangement of the sections. I could see what the author intended at the end of the book. I saw a journey where readers would move from despair and depression to newness and bliss. I wasn't surprised, considering the author knew a thing or two about embarking on a journey.

The author's traveling experience showed in this book. From the photos she shared, I could see that she liked to travel and explore places and nature. Little wonder her words flowed like a cool breeze on a spring evening. She made sure to caption the photos and the places from where she took them. I could tell they were not some random images from the internet. It added to the author's credibility.

If there were one takeaway from this book, it would be to see positivity in pain. The author passed this message across effectively. A good example would be when she said, "For a while, my days were afloat in an automatic mode. I maintained a positive attitude, and I tried my best to not consciously think too much ahead as to what lies in front of me." Also, one of the poems, "Move On," captured this message entirely. I liked how the author leaves the reader hopeful, though an ugly situation triggered the poems.

I didn't find anything to complain about the book, and the editing was excellently done. Therefore, I'd rate it four out of four stars. If you're looking for a collection of poems to help you go through a difficult time, get yourself a copy of this book.

Inkling Whispers
View: on Bookshelves
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I liked that the author encourages readers to see the positivity in pain. Thank you for your review.
Kelvin Ngayu njonjo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Kelvin Ngayu njonjo »

Congratulations to inkling Whispers for great collection of poems and unique photos. Great review 👍
Muhammad Anwer
Favorite Book: Hamlet
Currently Reading: Moth Smoke
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Muhammad Anwer »

It's a good effort to bring people out of despair and transfer them into a beautiful world of bliss and happiness. This book will enable us to forget our pain and enjoy some beautiful poetry.
Thanks for this wonderful review.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

I agree about what you said about Covid-19. Thanks for the lovely review.
Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga
Favorite Book: How to Survive the Coming Retirement Storm
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korie-ifeoma-chisomaga.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga »

This anthology makes you appreciate the perception of the poet. By the captions, you understand the various themes.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

An amazing review it is, when characters grow not just physically but mentally and socially makes the reader curious of what next for them. The author by giving growth to the character's through poetry and use of the pictorial world is unique. Relating growth ( new beginnings) and attaching to nature reminds me of Romantisicm period where poet's called upon people to appreciate themselves and nature. It's a good blend for me.
Nan_Syl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nan-syl.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Nan_Syl »

One thing I like about poems is the flow and how we use it to express feelings and emotions. I feel this piece is no different. Thanks for your wonderful review.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

Have always been a great fan of anthologies. Would definitely love to add this to my bookshelf and hopefully try it out! Great review.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

This seems like something you can read while taking simple walks or journeys
Poetic Justice

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”