Review of Tales of a Spring Dawn Reflection

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Review of Tales of a Spring Dawn Reflection

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tales of a Spring Dawn Reflection" by Michael Bell.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When it comes to poetry, the abstraction and richness of words are universally appreciated. It enables us to recognize and comprehend our immediate surroundings. We learn how to live through poetry because of its potential to shine a light on our world. In poetry, words are woven together into dynamic ensembles of visuals and notions that may be too intricate or obscure to be understood. The author acknowledges them all due to his passion for poetry. Michael Bell has been able to craft twenty art pieces, each with a distinctive style and theme. He methodically composes and brilliantly portrays this compilation of innumerable events as an art form. This book is a must-read for anyone who wants to contemplate life's lessons in a quiet and contemplative manner.

There are 20 poems in Tales of a Spring Dawn Reflection that cover various topics. The author devotes a great deal of time and effort to each of the poems, ensuring that they pique your interest. "Over the Telephone Pole" is the one I'm most enamored of. Other people may have a different take on this poem's meaning than the author intended it to be conveyed. The poem's message, in my opinion, is about the importance of prayer and the strength of faith. Even when the author's challenges and setbacks seem overwhelming, he proves that his faith gives him the freedom and protection to fight and fly as high as an eagle. It's impossible to hold back my sobs, delight, and bliss as I read this book aloud to myself in the quiet of my room. Indeed, there will be parts of this book that you can relate to. 

The only issue with this book was that certain lines and verses in the poems were difficult for me to understand. To better comprehend the poem's hidden message, I had to use the internet to search for various foreign idioms and look for clues regarding the poem's general premise. I appreciate free verse poems without rhyme, yet some of them didn't touch me in a way I hadn't expected. Perhaps, because it is the author's account and both of us have a unique set of life experiences, we cannot relate to it. As a whole, this is still a fantastic book because I still have certain favorites. 

The author developed an emotional connection with his readers because of his modest demeanor and plan of action while composing the book. Even if the author's compositions are full of emotions, they're also quite challenging to put together, but he has the character and passion necessary to complete them. However, despite the fact that this book has been rigorously proofread and contains no errors, I discovered several discrepancies in the formatting, such as page breaks and conflicting phrasing, which led me to give it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.

Poetry lovers will appreciate the artistic interpretations of each poem in this book. Readers who enjoy poems with gloomy or evocative subjects may find this book appealing. On a larger scale, this book may appeal to religious folks because some of them are linked to spirituality.

Tales of a Spring Dawn Reflection
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

Sometimes, I love reading gloomy stories but this point in my life is saying no to it. Thanks for the review
Princess P 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Princess P 1 »

It's very nice to find in a book you read artistic interpretations of the leader in tales.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

I have always been a great fan of poetry. Great review here.
degoodwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-degoodwriter.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by degoodwriter »

I'm not a big fan of poetry but I must commend your review

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”