Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kulkarnisairam
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 8

Re: Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

Post by kulkarnisairam »

Good collection of poems to rejoice. Book is well organized into different sections. This book evokes the sense of comfort, hope and a better future. Since it written during pandemic time one observe the glimpses of that overwhelming feelings.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

A heartfelt book of poetry with artwork and photographs about the horrendous pandemic of 2020, "A Brighter Tomorrow" by Lori Schneider, MD sounds like an excellent way to remember the trials and tribulations of Covid-19. Thanks for the great review that highlights the fact that the poems are so personal and unambiguous as is appropriate for this type of book. It does sound as though the Kindle version could use an upgrading revision but that is a detail that will probably be remedied given time.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

An exciting and uplifting poetry. Excellent rhymes and beautiful wordplays. I had issues with the formatting too but nevertheless, great read. Congrats on #BOTD
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

Poetry never been my strongest suit, but some of these might sounds delightful. As a dog owner, I would like to read about "Milo", the service dog. Thanks for the review.
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

In "Pandemic Closet," her longing lament about the necessary adjustments to her wardrobe will resonate with those who have also traded pencil skirts for yoga pants while unclothing a deeper meaning. The poignant “Say Our Name” is “written in memory of all those who died as a result of injustice.” Schneider retells the love story of her maternal grandparents in "Sealed by Fate" and sensitively broaches interracial marriage in "No Regrets." Animal lovers will enjoy her poem about "Milo" the service dog.
- Being a poetry fan, I appreciate the many kinds of poems. It's nice, that the author has something for everyone. The review too, was exceptional. Thank you.
_mjanana
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by _mjanana »

Just reading the instruction, i know this is my kind of book. Telling a story through poem? one of a kind. Also, I agree that the formatting needs improvement.
Gloria M 3
Currently Reading: Reflections: Words From the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Gloria M 3 »

It seems the book is a collection of poetry, I love poems in that the bring out that uniqueness to writing which differs from the rest. Many people can right books but not as many as those can make poetry that's what makes it intriguing. Your review was brief but tell a little of what to expect from the author, which mostly maybe about life situations. It's best for poetry lovers
Rose Nafula Oketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Ice Dance by Vik Azeem

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

Poetry has never been my cup of tea, but this collection of poems seems to address relatable issues in real life. I can see how inspirational and hopeful it is that the day after today can be better, even from its title. I might try it. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
Latest Review: Ice Dance by Vik Azeem
odlanra
Favorite Book: Carbynarah Chronicles
Currently Reading: All In Divine Order
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odlanra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by odlanra »

Drama and Poetry. I had loved poetry ever since especially if it elicit so many emotions while at the same time exposing the beauty of playing with words. I have read again some poetry now but not as numerous as prose. Would I get again the beauty now? I hope so and I think so. The review says it is uplifting, inspiring and formulaic. The title " Brighter Tomorrow" is suggesting something and the varied topics of the poems as stated in the review gives me the expectation that the poems would also be thought-provoking on modern-day concerns and perspectives.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

I love poetry. A Brighter Tomorrow seems like a great book. I like that the author shares quotes from various people throughout the book. The author also writes poems about various subjects. I look forward to reading this book.
Emmanuel Abiodun Olutayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Emmanuel Abiodun Olutayo »

In the author's benevolence, she is sharing her deepest thoughts on matters that bother individuals. She offers hope and encouragement for as many as need it. Congratulations on BOTD. Great review.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by grace ruhara »

I love the review's introduction. It's very eye catching and attracts one's attention to find out more about the amazing poems in the book.
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

Schneider's meticulously organized collection, adorned with Salevitz's art, impresses with storytelling prowess. The rhyming scheme may seem formulaic, but Schneider's intentional style captivates.
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

As a poetry lover, I must commend the author for another gift of the collection of poems. Especially because the themes are about real-life issues. Congrats on BOTD. Insightful review.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“A Brighter Tomorrow” by Lori Schneider, MD is a poetry collection written by the author who uses poetry to release “her creativity and therapeutic expression”. Lori uses poetry as her way of telling a story and began writing during the pandemic. She mixes love, racial injustice and hope throughout her poems and she uses quotes from a few very well-known Americans. She focuses on the wardrobe changes for people that had to work from home during the pandemic, the trading of pencil skirts for yoga pants. She also devotes time to the love story of her grandparents, the impact of interracial marriage and her love for animals described in the poem about a service dog named Milo. The book includes 98 pages of poems, photographs and artwork that lead to a promise of better days ahead. How appropriate for the turmoil today with the upcoming 2024 election that could mean the end of a brighter tomorrow. Very good review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”