Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Re: Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

Post by Harty Muli »

I like that this book deals with diverse themes. At one end we have the theme of love and the other end racial injustice and even animal advocacy. Thanks for the review.
Usman Gul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Usman Gul »

A Brighter Tomorrow by Dr. Lori Schneider is an inspirational and thought-provoking book of poems that cover an array of topics. The book serves as a diary in which Lori Schneider discusses the Covid- 19 pandemic, racial injustice, love, and many more issues. Each poem is accompanied by beautiful eye-catching images. These images make the reader stop and reflect on the verse that they have just read and ponder how the images relate to the words.

The topic of the pandemic is incredibly precious, as Dr. Schneider is a practicing neurologist and more than likely had an up-close look at the chaos and horror of the Covid-19 pandemic. Writing poetry was her way of coping with this dark time that engulfed the world.

Schneider does not shy away from showing her emotional and vulnerable side. By doing so, her poems seem more relatable and honest, making this a valuable read for those struggling to manage the complex feelings of this time. Her poems are inspiring and uplifting, and I appreciate that through a dark time, she found light through writing.

The book is divided into several different topics, with each topic clearly important to the author and significant moments that have impacted us as a society. Schneider’s poems are not overladed with metaphors or overly complicated word choices, making this a smooth read that is accessible to readers on many levels. With the diversity of topics, there is something for all readers to find and connect with.

Dr. Lori Schneider’s poems are candid and evoke emotions in the readers, making this one book hard to put down. Yet, this is one book that can be read over again and shared with friends. A Brighter TOMORROW is the collection of poetry we all need to heal from these past few years.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Your Father Has Something to Tell You by Dave Riese

Post by Hy Be »

Very thoughtful review. I loved how author mended themes of racial discrimination, love, injustice and much sensitive topics through form of poetry. The inclusion of quotes and dedication to famous people was another I liked.
Pokemon16
Currently Reading: A Brighter Tomorrow
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Pokemon16 »

It is very nice thoughtful review,
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

Poetry is not my favorite genre, but I think it's an interesting idea to write poetry based on the author's life experiences and to establish a strong connection with the readers.
Great review, very detailed. Congratulations!!!
Pokemon16
Currently Reading: A Brighter Tomorrow
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Pokemon16 »

It is the one of the honest review I ever see.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Lori Schneider, MD, demonstrates a beautiful fusion of creativity and catharsis in "A Brighter Tomorrow." The poetry collection becomes a window to the author's soul, illuminating various themes from the pandemic to love, racial injustice, and hope.
LornaM
Favorite Book: Because He Loved Us
Currently Reading: Love story of "Not a writer"
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lornam.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by LornaM »

This book is good for the poets, but also good for people facing pandemic challenges for some sort of encouragement as the writer expresses what he went through and how he managed to overcome the situations at hand.
Diyante Mariah Pietersen

Post by Diyante Mariah Pietersen »

The universal human experience seems to be captured beautifully in this collection of poems. This review is well detailed and has captured my attention and I would like read further on the poems mentioned such as "Sealed by Fate" and "Pandemic Closet"
Ruth Mokono
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret

Post by Ruth Mokono »

Poems showing real life situations.The tone is inspirational.I want to read more of this.
Brook Knebel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brook-knebel.html
Latest Review: Not in the fire by By Barbara Austin
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Brook Knebel »

I’m glad the author took real life situations that we can all relate to in one way or another and make them into poems. I enjoy reading poems because they are all short little stories with much to tell. Thank you for you’re review!
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

Nice review
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

"A Brighter Tomorrow" is a testament to Lori Schneider's poetic prowess, as she skillfully navigates the complexities of emotions stirred by the pandemic. The organized structure of the collection and Schneider's thoughtful inclusion of quotes and visual elements contribute to an enriching reading experience.
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

A Brighter Tomorrow" is a uplifting poetry collection by Lori Schneider, MD, exploring themes of love, racial justice, hope, courage, and animal advocacy. With quotes from influential figures, the poems promise optimism for the future.
Michaela Espadilla

Post by Michaela Espadilla »

I am excited to read this book

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”