Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daniel Muniu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Re: Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

Post by Daniel Muniu »

I love the authors artistic viewing poetry.
The author has introduced me to a new style of poetry. Such character can not be well represented anywhere else
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful and detailed review of "A Brighter Tomorrow" by Lori Schneider, MD. Your words beautifully convey the transformative power of poetry as a means of catharsis, especially during these challenging times.

I appreciate your keen observation of the book's organization, noting the minor discrepancy in the title and praising its overall exceptional editing. It's clear that Schneider's collection, divided into seven sections, explores a diverse range of themes with depth and intention. The inclusion of relevant quotes from figures like Deepak Chopra, Robert F. Kennedy, and Harper Lee adds another layer of resonance to the poems.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Shenila Ginabay
Favorite Book: Man Mission
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shenila-ginabay.html
Latest Review: That's what Ed said by U A Dumas

Post by Shenila Ginabay »

I am not such a big fan of poetry but I do think poetry lovers would enjoy this book because it touches themes that are kind of an issue in our society.
Neha Panikar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-panikar.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Neha Panikar »

For a person who writes poetry herself every once in a while, I'm intrigued. I also like the expanse of titles covered by the author/poet and has nit limited to one theme only. Looking forward to pick this up. Thanks for the review and the sample writings!!
Hezeru
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hezeru »

"A Brighter Tomorrow" by Lori Schneider is a compelling anthology of poetry, encompassing a variety of intriguing themes. The collection is composed of thirty-six evocative poems, each falling under one of seven themes.

The first theme, "The Creative Process," provides an insightful look into the mind of a poet, highlighting the challenges that come with writer's block. The second theme, "Pandemic 2020," expresses the author's admiration for the frontline workers who tirelessly worked during the COVID-19 pandemic. Schneider doesn't hold back her disappointment towards those who resisted safety measures, such as wearing masks.

The theme of "Injustice" underscores the importance of equality, unity, and justice, and the ongoing battle against prejudice. In "No Regrets," Schneider paints a vivid picture of a cross-cultural love story set in the midst of World War II, where the couple defies all odds to be together.

The theme of "Courage" encapsulates the spirit of a nun and her convent, the melody from a jazz musician's trumpet, the resilience of a single parent, and the poignant memory of a mourning family.

In the "Love" theme, Schneider excels in portraying a comprehensive view of love. It depicts the deep affection of a family grappling with the irreplaceable loss of their mother and the struggle to fill the void left by her absence.

The poem "The Worth of a Man" is particularly striking. It sends a powerful message - the value of a man is determined by his heart, not his lineage.

The book also explores the story of Paul and Kate, a couple separated by Alzheimer's disease. Paul's move to a nursing home has blurred their once vibrant love. The question remains whether a visit to their special garden could rekindle lost memories.

The "Hope" theme resonated with me personally, especially the therapeutic power of horses and the solace found in mythical beings. Schneider's depiction of a dog named Milo, transitioning from protector to living in "Happier Times," is particularly heartwarming.

Schneider concludes this brilliant collection by envisioning a positive future for all Americans, inspiring hope for a brighter tomorrow.

What I love about this collection is how Schneider's words seem to speak directly to me. The poem "Healing Power of Animals" particularly resonated with me. I could see myself in Cassie, and while Todd's story differs from mine, I could relate to finding comfort in Molly, the therapeutic golden retriever.

There's nothing I found amiss in this book. I appreciated the emotional connection, the grammatical structure, the flow of the narrative, the punctuation, and the context. The absence of typos was a bonus. This collection is a testament to Schneider's talent as a poet.

I will give it a 5/5 star rate
Last edited by Hezeru on 05 Dec 2023, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Abiodunakinola »

While Schneider's adherence to a rhyming-scheme format might be considered slightly formulaic, her storytelling prowess, especially evident in poems like "Pandemic Closet" and "Sealed by Fate," captivates readers by infusing personal experiences with universal emotions, creating a genuine connection between the poet and the audience. Nice review.
yubraj raj

Post by yubraj raj »

wow ! The book filled by poems. It would be definitely interesting to read. Don't read this read if you're not a poetry lover.
Cynthia Nnamdi
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Cynthia Nnamdi »

The book portrays mostly on poems which is okay because it brings out the best of the content. I'll rate it 4 out of 4
Abel kibet
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Abel kibet »

Such a compelling poetry. By seamlessly weaving together diverse perspectives, empirical evidence, and personal anecdotes, the authors offers a comprehensive steps towards the path of brighter tomorrow. She contextualizes challenges faced by individuals in society by analyzing their political and social realities. Lori's art of storytelling engages the reader from beginning to end.
Lebeaugar008
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Lebeaugar008 »

I love the information and introduction of the book
Much confidence and easy to understand some ways of universe
Arcel Estrellado

Post by Arcel Estrellado »

I've always want to read poetry. I really appreciate the authors dedication and creativity.
NAKAYOVU JACKLINE
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

Post by NAKAYOVU JACKLINE »

I really appreciate and enjoy reading poems, every time I'm free I just check and see the amazing poetry.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Today's book is a beautiful collection of poetry with varied themes, penned during the pandemic, that readers with a penchant for evocative poems will appreciate.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 607
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

I like that the book has a collection of poems on various topics. That will make a good read. Thank you for the review.
Dan Polumbric
Currently Reading: The Return of the Knights
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-polumbric.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Dan Polumbric »

This book uses poetry as a meditative and healing medium and it was written to cope with negative effects of the pandemic. Great use of storytelling and creative techniques. Would recommend to those interested in poetry and spirituality.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”