Review of Penelopes Purple Passions

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Review of Penelopes Purple Passions

Post by José Cortez »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Penelopes Purple Passions" by Penelope Chaisson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Penelope’s Purple Passion: The Emergence Of The Butterfly by Penelope Chaisson is a collection of poems that depicts the poet's love, life, pain, heartbreak, and how she got back on her feet. It’s filled with a lot of lessons on love and life.

It starts when the poet falls in love. She soon realizes that love is not a bed of roses. She sees that love is not simple and that it also varies. In her state of pain, she keeps on remembering her past with her lover and also has dreams of him.

She decides to forget about the past and join the pieces of her life back together. She ventures on a journey of growth, development, and self-discovery. She got a new lease on life, and she views life from a different perspective. She realized that without the pain and heartbreak, she wouldn’t have discovered and learned so much about herself.

This book has a lot of positive aspects. This book is beautiful. The language of this book was relatively easy to understand as I did not have a hard time understanding the words used in this book. I loved the style in which these poems were written. I like the fact that it’s easy to read and it’s a fast read. I was also able to relate to most of the poems which were written in this book. I like the fact that there is a poem almost everyone can relate to from this book. I was emotionally connected with Chaisson in this book. I felt the same way she felt at nearly every point in this book. I felt sad when she got heartbroken and wished for her lover to be close to her. I felt happy when she picked up her life and embarked on a development journey. I was able to learn a whole lot from this book. I gained so much knowledge from Chaisson's experiences on love and life. I found out that if she had not experienced pain and heartbreak, she would not have discovered and learned so much about herself. I loved the fact that after her experiences, she was able to make a wise decision.

I tried so hard to find a negative aspect to this book, but I found none. I enjoyed everything about this book. I didn’t spot any grammatical errors while I read this book. This shows that it was exceptionally well edited.

Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book is so easy to read, and it doesn’t take so much time from you. That I could relate to most of the poems in this book made it beautiful for me. I recommend this book to lovers of poetry.

Penelopes Purple Passions
View: on Bookshelves
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

Poetry triggers my emotional state to think beyond me. I love how well this piece was written. Thanks for the review
Pauls_
Currently Reading: A Dagger In The Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Recognizing Beauty by Cyndi Burrough

Post by Pauls_ »

Love is not a bed of roses indeed. I'm glad the author realized this. There is a lot to learn from the book. Great review.
Rhodahams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhodahams.html
Latest Review: Prisoner Prodigal Pawn by Robert Sparkman

Post by Rhodahams »

Paul_ wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 02:56 Love is not a bed of roses indeed. I'm glad the author realized this. There is a lot to learn from the book. Great review.
It is times like this that help us realize what the true meaning of life is. Like the author, I have been there and I understand how heart breaks help one discover themselves.
Deeksha Ojha
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deeksha-ojha.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deeksha Ojha »

Thanks to your review, I am reminded of Dickinson and Kamala Das's poetry. Love poetry from women poets are often overlooked and not given enough attention.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

Thank you so much for sharing this review! Based on what I have read in your review, the concept behind this book sounds a little similar to something else I read as a child: Inside Out and Back Again. Although I normally prefer prose over poetry, I am glad that I was able to check out this review and potentially expand my palette, especially given that I normally read the same things over and over again.
Blessing Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-odii.html
Latest Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Post by Blessing Odii »

I enjoy reading poems. I love the fact that this poem centers on love.
cutemami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutemami.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by cutemami »

Love is a beautiful thing. It seems the author used her journey in love to inspire the beautiful poems she wrote. I will most likely enjoy reading this book. Thank you for the review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Poems about love tug at the heart, and it's beautiful to see. Great review
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

I like the part of the review that says Penelope realizes that love is not a bed of roses. This is simply reality. Great review.
Mary254
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Mary254 »

The book has a lot of important lessons to teach me as a young adult. Thankyou for the review, quite inspiring.
Last edited by Mary254 on 23 Mar 2022, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

There's nothing that as wonderful as pulling yourself back up after a great fall.
Fredilene Strauss
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Fredilene Strauss »

Nice reading this book it's so interesting that the author wrote about what's the reality of life and that Penelope could have picked up herself after all she went through.
Kelsey Roy
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-roy.html
Latest Review: Not What Meets the Eye by Matrika Hay

Post by Kelsey Roy »

This is an excellent review! I have a hard time getting through poetry so I will not be reading this book. However, I appreciate the reviews comment that there’s a poem for everyone and that the poetry flows easily. Well done.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 84241
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1182%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

This book the emergence of the butterfly by Penelope chaisson is a Dana and poetry about a Louisiana native whose been writing poetry for over 30yrs despite his nursing career and athletes her passion about poety has never tire out, her book is an insightful collection of poetry which stirs emotions and help you love yourself even more .I like how the poem follows the life of a butterfly from transformation to falling in love.. seriously after I was done reading this book I found myself reading it again 😍 congratulations I will recommend it to anyone who enjoys poetry and love to be inspired this your book ..(BOTD)💯❤️

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”