Review of Penelopes Purple Passions

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lulu Efobi
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathy-eyam-frank.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Re: Review of Penelopes Purple Passions

Post by Lulu Efobi »

I like the fact that it’s easy to read and it’s a fast read. I was also able to relate to most of the poems which were written in this book. I like the fact that there is a poem almost everyone can relate to from this book. I was emotionally connected with Chaisson in this book. Congratulations on BOTD!
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

At the beginning of the review, I felt like the book was just normal Prose (Romance). In the middle, I found that it was actually Poetry. The poet has done a great job for the reviewer (and indeed readers) to understand the story behind the work. Despite many books about love and relationships, so many people continue to get heartbroken. Penelope's simply written experience, however, should teach more people what to avoid and how to soar in relationships.
Caroline Elizabeth 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-elizabeth-1.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Caroline Elizabeth 1 »

Wow, this book sounds very inspiring, I love factual books about people's lives. They can be a source of inspiration.
Emah22
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emah22.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Emah22 »

There is a lot to learn from this book, which I can't wait to learn.
This is a collection of poetry, and the book cover and title got me interested in the book.
Thanks for the wonderful review.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

I love books that readers can relate with. Love is truly not a bed of roses. Everyone, at some point, has been disappointed by love. Great review!
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Post by Christell Lindeque »

I am not fond of poems but the way the reviewer describes this book might make me want to read it. A journey of love is something a lot of people need to read at some point in their life.
Eriikeoluwa Nimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriikeoluwa-nimi.html
Latest Review: The Three Heavens by Paul Hitchiner

Post by Eriikeoluwa Nimi »

This is the first time I'll be coming across an anthology and the review really excited me. The fact that the reviewer mentioned that the poems are easy to read and digest made me love the book more. I'm surely gonna read this. Congratulations on BOTD
joe mulabi
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-mulabi.html
Latest Review: The New Eugenics by Conrad B. Quintyn

Post by joe mulabi »

Amazing poetry book, which you need to read from A to Z,, about love and romance ,heartbreaks and moving on. Thanks for the review has it highlights that it's a must read and wouldn't take much of your time. In the first chapter s it best describes how beautifuly made a female has been made.Poetry lovers will definitely enjoy the read.
Carrie Walters 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Carrie Walters 1 »

This review was very well stated. The reviewer says so clearly what the book “Penelopes Purple Passions” is all about and that it contains a lot of poems that she and I’m sure others can relate to. Butterflies are so amazing because of the stages they go through in their life just like the author has. The cover is also so beautiful. I hope that I can say this. :)
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

Does love exist? I think the poet gave the whole of her heart, all for "love". So sad she was disappointed. Thank goodness she got back on her feet. Great review. Congratulations on BOTD.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 608
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Penelope has quite a journey it seems and I think that it's good to see love and heartbreak through someone else eyes and how they experienced it as well as how they get through it. I'm definitely going to try and read it as I'm not fond of poetry. Thanks for a wonderful review😉
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

I love this, and I would like to read it at another time. I'm trying my best to steer clear of stories involving love and heartbreak, especially non-fiction. Bur the review is so touching.
Wamala Elijah Mul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliwamala.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Wamala Elijah Mul »

Poetry has always been a challenge for me, but love is a wonderful thing. It appears that the author's exquisite poetry was inspired by her romantic experiences. Even though I am not a poetry fan, I want to give this book a shot. We appreciate your acknowledgement.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?
17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I am curious about how the author depicts their love, life, pain, heartbreak, and how she got back on her feet. The lessons on love and life sound quite interesting and I am glad the book is easy to read. This book sounds wonderful so congratulations on BOTD.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

The book is heartwarming. We think love is a bed of roses until we fall in love and realise love has its ups and down. The book cover is captivating. Congrats on the BOTD.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”