Review of Renaissance of Butterflies

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Review of Renaissance of Butterflies

Post by Ekezie1998 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Renaissance of Butterflies" by Angel Ramos.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is not often that you come across a book that seems to double as both a motivational book and an anthology of poetry. In Renaissance of Butterflies, Angel Ramos uses words to show us the importance of self-love, self-respect, and self-understanding.

This book is all about an emphasis on self. Do you truly understand yourself? Do you know what makes you happy? The author highlights that the key to happiness is not allowing our past to determine our future and robbing us of our present blessings. In this book, the author dwells on such themes as self, understanding, patience, love, and friendship.

I cannot highlight a single positive point that this book possesses. Being a great fan of poetry, I picked up this book with an earnest expectation to be satisfied, but I was in for a shocker. Within the very first page of this book alone, I discovered a minimum of ten errors. Safe to say that the author did not bother to have this anthology even slightly edited. Beyond the plethora of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors that littered this work and made understanding remotely impossible, most of the sentences do not convey any meaning, and sentence structures and arrangements might fill readers with an intense amount of ire and exasperation.

How do you say that a book you have read is very poor without trying to sound too judgmental? This book is a book that the reader will endure like a marathoner to the finish line. Except that, in the end, instead of being filled with a deep sense of fulfillment, he will be filled with exasperation, frustration, and fatigue. Take, for example, the following lines on page 229, “The entity of origin is essence,” “The origin of a speak is present”(page 229). What do these sentences mean?

In the few lines that the author is able to pass on a readable strain of thought, the messages of self-love, self-respect, happiness, and the power of emotions are over-emphasized. This book will best be classified as a poor attempt at a motivational book instead of an anthology of poems.

Where were the poems? I could not locate a single poetic device, and the words kept flowing into each other unintelligibly. The absence of titles or chapter headings means that the reader is stranded like a wanderer in the desert, wondering what topic the author discusses. I regret to sound so dismissive, yet my conscience prevents me from shielding my utter disappointment after completing this book. I give this book a rating of 1 out of 4 stars, and this, in itself, flatters to deceive. This book would have gotten a worse rating if it was possible and if not for the need to encourage and commend one’s raw efforts. You do not need a soothsayer to decipher that I do not intend to recommend this book to anyone.

Renaissance of Butterflies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I can certainly see how disappointed you were with this book, and I can see why. I appreciate your honest review, which does not sound too judgemental to me.
Mary254
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Mary254 »

We should value friendship and honor it.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

The candour in your review is intense. As a fan of poetry I am saddened that you found a piece of work this disappointing. But despite all that, the depth of your analysis is commendable. Thanks for the great review
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Being a fan of poetry myself, it's shocking to see how the lines you mentioned from page 229 even got a book of their own.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

thank you for writing this review, its a pity that this book isn't as good as it first seemed based on the cover and title, but I appreciate your honesty and you do not sound particularly harsh about it either
Boohoo31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boohoo31.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Boohoo31 »

Thanks for an honest review, but I’ll pass on this judging from your comments on it and I’m not a fan of poetry.
-EntleM
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by -EntleM »

I like the fact the review has picked up mistakes and shows the honest comments
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

A lot of people neither understand themselves or know what makes them happy. While it would be great learn from this piece, the mistakes are just so resounding. Thank you for the review.
cutemami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutemami.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by cutemami »

This book has a very interesting premise and it is just a shame that it was executed poorly.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

I thought this would be about Butterfly majorly. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”