Review of The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butterfly

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butterfly

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butterfly" by Arthur Lee Conway.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hurdles and challenges are incidental to adulting; they are sometimes overwhelming, but everyone makes a great effort to get the best out of life regardless of the many challenges. The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butterfly by Arthur Lee Conway is a poem series about the many issues humans face. It takes the reader on a hypothetical journey through life, beginning from birth to death, with the instrumentality of poetic prose and parables to illustrate life effectively. The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butterfly also describes the state of different nations and continents using literary devices. It touches on the different sectors of the economy, especially the political sector, and shares many brilliant quotes from prominent figures to buttress the points being made.

The Poetic Vibrations of a Mature Butterfly had a number of good points. Most of the poems were concise, apt, and fun to read. It was a combination of poetry, quotes, and short stories. I love that the poems were not monotonous. Arthur Lee Conway used poetic languages such as simile, metaphor, alliteration, irony, and hyperbole to make the work an even more exhilarating read. More so, there were cases of repetition to directly emphasize certain essential points. The use of simple diction and very relatable activities brought the poems home. The poem series also dates back in history, giving the reader new knowledge on the background of some continents. It was divided into three parts, with each part discussing a different topic to further solidify the reader's understanding of each poem topic. Arthur Lee Conway used the book as a medium of encouragement, support, and inspiration to those in need of such. In another development, the book served as a form of sensitization and awareness for the ignorant. It is a wake-up call for people to become active.

There was no part of this book that I disliked. It was a riveting read, I enjoyed the flow of the poems, and I acquired a lot of knowledge on different areas of life, including politics.

There are no errors in this book, so I can confidently submit that it was exceptionally well edited. I give it a four out of four stars rating. I did not deduct any stars because it was generally enjoyable and educating. The book also had some therapeutic elements and sought to correct certain wrongs done by others.

I recommend this book to lovers of poetry and drama. Spoken word artists and story writers will generally find this informative and may get some inspiration for their content.

The Poetic Vibrations of a Matured Butterfly
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

They definitely seem like poems I'd enjoy. Great job with the review!
Beauty Kalu22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-segunjohn.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Beauty Kalu22 »

I don't normally enjoy poems, but this one seems to talk about life issues and things that I'll relate to.
Gifty_biblophile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-biblophile.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Gifty_biblophile »

Me and poems are not 5 and 6 but this is a beautiful review indeed. 😊
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

No one can describe the journey of life more than the ink of a poet. I love a good poem any day.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

The poem has a whole lot of information in it and I like it. Thanks for the review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I'm not exactly a huge fan of poetry, but this seems like a great book. Thank you for the review.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

A combination of poems, quotes, and short stories all in one book? I think that's just the right book for me. Nice review!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”