Review of These Shoes

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
maglalangara496
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maglalangara496.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Review of These Shoes

Post by maglalangara496 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "These Shoes" by Evelyn Barnes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Faith in God is integral if we are to accomplish most of our longings in life. Hence, this correlates to having healthy spiritual growth. Being alive and kicking in Christ is the significance of spiritual growth. Keeping our minds focused on God rather than our own shortcomings is an indispensable part of this process. Thus, Evelyn Barnes's book, These Shoes, is a collection of spiritual poems that can comfort us if we are depleted in our spiritual quest. There are 33 pieces of art that Evelyn has created, each with its own unique style and theme. She makes each of them out of the accumulation of countless events that she meticulously compiles and brilliantly portrays. This book is a must-read for anyone interested in quiet reflection on the spiritual lessons of life. 

These Shoes contain poems on various subjects, including spiritual, family, and friendship. The author devotes a great deal of time and attention to each piece she creates, ensuring that it takes you on an adventurous journey. For me, spiritual growth was the most notable theme in this book because it is something that everyone aspires to. Having said that, we can easily deviate from our faith, but regaining it ultimately is much more difficult. As a result, if you want to allow God back into your heart, you need to be fully committed. 

"Feel" is the title of my personal favorite. In this poem, the author expresses the importance of valuing one's own emotions. This piece implies that once we recognize what we feel, we can accept more of what we think. This sentiment should guide our mood and actions to achieve total gratification, as emphasized by the author. While reading, I find myself unable to contain my emotions as each one bursts through my heart and soul. 

What makes this book so great for me is that I've been so invested in reading each of the masterpieces that the author provided that my gut drives my desire to decipher each poem she outlined. Hence, I'm compelled to say that this masterpiece has nothing to dislike. 

In terms of the author's creative process, it is impossible to overstate her ability to produce splendid poems with evocative themes. Because of this, I gave it 4 out of 4 stars. Furthermore, I didn't find any grammar or formatting mistakes, which means it was exceptionally well and thoroughly edited.

Poets will enjoy this book because each poem has been interpreted compositionally. For those in search of inspiration, particularly spiritual motivation, this book is a great resource.

These Shoes
View: on Bookshelves
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Lovers of poetry should enjoy reading this. Great review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”