Review of Look up with your mind,Not your eyes

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of Look up with your mind,Not your eyes

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Look up with your mind,Not your eyes" by julius franks.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Look up with your mind, Not your eyes is a collection of poetry written by Julius Franks. There are a total of 93 poems in the book. The author touches on a variety of subjects and uses poetry to express the emotions he has felt from life experiences.

Julius Franks provides the reader with uplifting poetry. Many of the poems will make the reader smile and inspire them to look at the world through different lenses. The poems also provide an insight into how Julius views faith, obstacles, and life. The book allows the reader to interpret the author's words and find their own meaning in the poetry as well. The topics written about are diverse and entertaining.

Those who like poetry would most likely enjoy reading this book. I feel the book would be best suited for young adults and adults. I don't think youth would understand the context of some of the poems. Readers who struggle with numerous punctuation errors would want to skip this book. Those not into poetry would also most likely prefer to skip it.

I enjoyed the many of the poems. I particularly liked the ones I found to be motivational and inspiring. Poems, like "Times" and "Ways," both promote remembering to keep faith even through trying situations. I also liked being able to feel the author's emotions in his words. I feel this aspect made the poems more relatable. In one poem, "Men cry," the author addresses the stereotype of saying men don't cry and how they have to hide their tears. I think many could relate to this perspective. I disliked how many errors I found in the book. There were numerous punctuation errors in many of the poems. This made it difficult to read at times. Other than the numerous errors, I didn't find anything else to dislike.

I rated this book 2 out of 4 stars. There were punctuation errors throughout the entire book. It was definitely not proofread. While I understand poetry comes in different styles, these errors made it a challenge to read at times. Outside of errors, I did enjoy the poems so I gave 2 stars for them. I feel if the author had taken more time to proofread, the book could be rated higher. I think he has much to offer in his writing, but I couldn't overlook all the mistakes. Overall, the poetry was intriguing, but I'd probably pass on future books by this author. His writing style is one I personally struggle with and would have a hard time reading.

Look up with your mind,Not your eyes
View: on Bookshelves
Mac :techie-reference:
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

A collection of poetry sounds great right now. Great review!
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This should be hopeful and inspiring. Thank you for the review.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

Sometimes when faced with troubles, we don't look inside to see the problem but open our eyes to more distractions. Thanks for the review.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: I'll Always Be With You by Violetta Armour

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

I'll opt for a poem collection anyway, especial one with powerful and inspiring messages.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”