Review of Secret mirror

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Review of Secret mirror

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Secret mirror" by Benjamin MacArthur.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It has been argued that life can never be fully realized until there's been some anguish and misery. Moreover, it is only through past lessons that one can become a better person in the present. Many people believe they are alone in their suffering, but this isn't true; everyone goes through ups and downs in life. What's important is how we respond to our trials and tribulations. Hence, no matter what happens, it's never a good idea to give up on one's lifelong goals because of a few setbacks. Serving you a powerful book that contains 73 poems, this book will surely inspire you to persevere in the face of life's various hardships. In this book, which Benjamin MacArthur authored, you'll find comfort and inspiration. 

Religion, reincarnation, love, war, and mental health are subtly discussed in My Secret Mirror. All of the author's pieces are brilliantly written and painstakingly worked to ensure that they are both poignant and enlightening. The best thing about this book is that I've become so immersed in reading everything that I feel compelled to try to interpret every one of the poems he presented. "Gathering Thoughts In The Void" is a great poem in this collection that I'd like to highlight. Although this is a deep, meaningful, and very symbolic piece, I prefer to think of it as a metaphor for life and death. Furthermore, among the many poems, "The Crux," "Beyond the Never," and "Dilated" were my favorites.

Because of the nature of poetry, I recognize that many poems are beyond my comprehension. However, I believe that poetry is difficult to understand because it condenses a lot of information into only a few words. Hence, I still think that this work of art has no flaws, despite its comprehensiveness, and I didn't find anything to dislike about it.

The author was able to develop a strong emotional connection with his readers. As a poet, I know that not everyone has the guts to share a series of poems that have such a profound impact on our lives, but the author has the grit and the brilliance to do so, and his pieces are all reflections of how he displays his love and passion for poetry. I didn't see any typos or formatting problems on a broader scale, which indicates that the book has been meticulously edited. As a result, I am giving this book an unqualified 4 out of 4 stars.

Each poem in this book has been interpreted compositionally, making it a delight for poets. Additionally, this book is an excellent source of inspiration for anyone seeking spiritual motivation. As Benjamin also stated at the outset of this book, it is dedicated to people who struggle today to gather strength for tomorrow's challenges. To put it another way, reading this book will give you the bravery and unwavering willpower to persevere through it all.

Secret mirror
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

The first sentence of the review got me thinking of a quote in NARUTO: Sometime you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain because life's greatest lesson is learned through pain
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

it is said that it's only at our lowest point that we seem to want to change. thanks for the review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”