Review of A World Diverse 111

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Review of A World Diverse 111

Post by LinaMueller »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A World Diverse 111" by David Edmond CD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A World Diverse 111 by David Edmond CD is a compilation of poems written by a former member of the RCAF (Royal Canadian Air Force). On Amazon, in the book's description, the author clarifies that his coexistence with cadets of different nationalities made him understand the importance of accepting diversity in our lives. However, the topics covered in this book go far beyond the defense of multiculturalism.

It has 34 poems divided into three distinct sections. There is a multitude of topics covered. In general terms, section 1 has poems focused on aging, the process of human evolution, death, and the things that are important in life (such as serving others). Section 2 is more gloomy and has poems about death and farewell. The latter section deals with more modern and less timeless themes such as the value of diversity, the arrival of immigrants, and the role of technology in the contemporary world.

The most striking trait of these poems is their spontaneity. It is clear from the first poem that the author was not concerned with rhythm and rhyme or figures of speech. The compositions are authentic and depict lived experiences and lessons learned from a well-lived and wise person. Each thought-provoking poem is a pearl that will instruct and cause the reader to meditate on essential questions of human nature.

I don't have any qualms about any aspects of this book. The poems are simple and easy to understand, but they contain a pearl of eternal wisdom that only experienced people with common sense can extract from a long and well-lived life. I found one punctuation error and one spacing error. Other than this, the book is professionally edited.

All in all, A World Diverse 111 deserves four out of four stars. The book's author is an average Joe who decided to express his feelings as a kind of "therapy" to overcome depression, as he admits in "Dedication." Even though he is not a war hero or a prolific writer, David has managed to compile several original poems full of wisdom and life stories from someone who has lived with many different people in the RCAF. I recommend this book to anyone who loves simple poetry with themes that address philosophical and existentialist aspects of human nature. Here realism predominates, and there is no room for romanticism. There are no profane words and no sexual content. Therefore, I don't see why teenagers or children could not read this work.

A World Diverse 111
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

That's a lot! I'll like to read a poem that adresses these important aspect of life—philosophical and existential aspects of human nature. I don't accept poem review before, but I develop love poem, as I'm enjoying a poem I'm currently reviewing
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

poems that don't contain rhyme in them are hardly that appealing to me, I find the rhythm is the thing that distinguishes a poem from plain words. that's why this book for me is just a collection of thoughts and annotations. great review.
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

Most of the poems I read were always complicated but it seems like the author makes this poem easy to read. Nice review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”