Review of God loves dandelions too

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review of God loves dandelions too

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God loves dandelions too" by Sandra Marie.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In God Loves Dandelions Too, Sandra Marie shares a heartwarming collection of poems that has a resemblance to the psalms of David. In the many poems contained in this book, the poet talks about God, life, and life in God with a plain language devoid of pretensions and grandiosity. It is a humble and honest narration of the issues we face in life and the need to hold on to God. For a long time, Christian literature has always been about abstract things presented as unfathomable by the human mind. However, in this book, Sandra Marie shows us that God is not the exclusive reserve of a particular group of people, but he is available to all. She teaches faith by living and doing things for Christ. She goes ahead to explain the nature of God and the need for us to seek him. God Loves Dandelions Too is a collection of gems that teach Christians to live a life worthy of Christ. It is a guide on how to live in the world.

I love how the author thoughtfully addressed different topics in this book. The poems touched me in a way that made me know that I am not alone and that God sees and knows everything. It made me see the Christian faith as one of community and fellowship and as a religion where we are united by our human weaknesses and the search for God. In "Running for God," I loved that the poet sent encouragement to everyone stuck in the service of others and unable to relax. She informed them that God would accept their prayers without a second thought because they serve him through their services to others. I love that the poem "Poems" gave inspiration to intending writers. "Community" examined the gift of fellow believers in the life of Christians. Those are just a few of the many great poems in this book. This collection of poems is a veritable companion to the present-day Christian.

I didn't quite appreciate the repetition of themes. It was like walking in a circle. The poems revolve around the same cycle of topics. It felt like I was reading the same poems written in different forms. Most of the poems were so alike in a way that cannot be ignored.

I found just a few spelling and grammatical errors in the book, so it is right to say that it was well written and professionally edited. I will rate the book three out of four stars. I deducted one star because of the lack of new and different themes.

This book is perfect for all poetry lovers and everybody seeking to understand how to navigate through life successfully. I also recommend it to bible scholars and members of the clergy because it will help them convey God's message in a more relatable way.

God loves dandelions too
View: on Bookshelves
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

The love of God is perfect and abides forever. i like to know another thing about the love of God the book talk about.good review
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

I'm not a big fan of poetry to be honest, but this book looks nice. Thanks for the review!
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

Although I don't really have an interest in poems; I like the focus of the book. Good review.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

Christian readers will really like this book. Thanks for an honest review!
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

I’ll recommend this book to Christian readers. Thanks for a great review!
Nwankwo GC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-gc.html
Latest Review: The Chosen by Brandy Marks

Post by Nwankwo GC »

I love poems a lot and even more so poems that talk about God and life in God. It'll be my pleasure to go through this collections. The word 'Dandelions' caught my attention and I'd love to decipher its meaning.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

I really like poems so I must read this book. Congratulations on your review, it is detailed and we'll written.
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

Not a fan of poetry but the authors good job must be commended.
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

The title of this book is quite unique, and I'd love know what its contents look like. The contents of this book revolves around God and His sovereignty. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”