Review of Peace in the Midst of the Storm

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of Peace in the Midst of the Storm

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Peace in the Midst of the Storm" by Kaleb Thompson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Peace in the Midst of the Storm is a collection of poetry written by Kaleb Thompson. The book contains a total of 53 poems on a variety of topics. Each poem is meant to encourage and inspire the reader to not give up regardless of the obstacles they may face. The author uses his poems to express his faith and to remind others to trust in their faith as well.

In Peace in the Midst of the Storm,the author uses poetry to motivate the reader to be optimistic and to keep going. The poems make it known it is possible to be victorious, even during the hardest situations. Thompson writes from his own understanding of faith, resilience, and empowerment. He believes everyone is built to withstand the harshest trials. His book provides hope and positivity.

The book would be best suited for older youth and adults. Children may have a harder time understanding the content. Poetry lovers would really enjoy reading it. Those looking for an uplifting book or to strengthen their faith would find it to be intriguing. Readers not into poetry will most likely want to skip reading it. The book is based on faith and Thompson's thoughts on Jesus so those who tend to avoid religious content will probably want to pass on this book too.

I enjoyed how inspiring and uplifting Kaleb Thompson's poetry is. I could feel his positivity. It made me feel like I connected to the words and made them relatable. I appreciate his views on being resilient and being able to withstand the many challenges that come with life. While I read the poems I found myself thinking I'd like to reread them on days I feel like I'm struggling. They provided me with a mental boost. I have read many poetry books, but I would say Peace in the Midst of the Storm ranks as one of my top three favorites. I particularly enjoyed "Love Yourself (Cause the World Don't)." The poem expressed how there are jealous people who will try to take you down, but to not let them because they don't matter anyhow. I also felt I could relate to "Jealous Souls." The poem is about the backstabbers and jealous souls who are saying one thing to your face and another behind your back. The author makes it clear to not let these people hurt your own soul. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and couldn't find anything to dislike about it.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book appears to be professionally edited and contains no errors. The poems are well-written. I found the encouragement the author was trying to instill of being resilient and optimistic to be refreshing and creative. I would recommend the book to others and would like to read others by this author.

Peace in the Midst of the Storm
View: on Bookshelves
Mac :techie-reference:
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

I’ll recommend this to poetry lovers. I’ll really like to take a look at it too. Great review!
Mashiase Mokoena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Mashiase Mokoena »

This poems educate, ease our mind and also inspires us in many ways. I picked up this words "perseverance " from my vocabulary book because it's the best description of many of poems in this book.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”