Review of Therapy for a broken heart

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Therapy for a broken heart

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Therapy for a broken heart" by Christian D. Maddison.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Therapy for a Broken Heart: Emotional Relationship Poetry by Christian D. Maddison is a poetic book on the healing process of one's heart and emotion after a breakup or failed relationship.

In summary, this book talks about personal experiences of lies, shadows, and covered-up emotions that arise after a breakup and how to heal from them. It's a poetic story that unfolds the state of the writer's heart from the breakup to the healing state despite the hurting, confused, and depressed state of mind. Like this book, therapy is a healing process that answers the confusing questions of a broken heart. This book shows us how this therapy takes place.

After going through a hard breakup of an “overdue” relationship, Christian D. Maddison sourced the strength for her convalescence and has written this book to help people in similar situations who are ready for a change. This is more than a writer trying to sell a well-written book. It is an opportunity to help root out the severe emotional consequences of heartbreak. Sometimes, we all want to feel our humanity, and we unconsciously slide into the routine of depression, pain, and hurt that can harm one's health. But believe me, reading this 100-page book is a significant investment.

I believe that genuine healing comes from the heart, which was well captured in the book. The content was well organized in the manner of typical relationship expectations and experiences from “introduction to expiration." I appreciated the openness of the writer that was honestly displayed on every page of the book. There were no critics on how to grieve or how wild a person's imagination could get after a breakup. Instead, it embraced the frailty of the reader to help mend the tear that had been created—giving you a chance to feel your pain, ponder on what could have been different, and move past the struggle.

At the beginning of the book, the dominant emotion was the depression and hollowness created by the heartbreak. However, as I progressed in reading, I could see the light, and I began to gain understanding. Poems are indeed hard to crack. The ability to find pleasure and answers in reading them is always worthwhile. The understanding that comes with knowing that a problem has a solution is enough reason to enable one to reach out to the solution. This is my favorite part of the book.

I'll rate Therapy for a Broken Heart: Emotional Relationship Poetry by Christian D. Maddison 4 out of 4 stars. It contains every fundamental heart-healing process in just a few pages, making reading convenient and less discouraging. I don't dislike anything about this book.

I recommend this book to anyone who is going through or has gone through a heartbreak. In the writer's own words, “This book is for all people of all ages, who have ever gone through or are currently going through heartbreak and have FINALLY decided to let go of those feelings and move on." But the book is not really for “all ages" because of the sexual or erotic content in the book. I recommend this book to mature readers, as it might damage a child's mental health.

Therapy for a broken heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

The title of the book is captivating and your review has just complemented it by posing out its great insights. This could really be a great read.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Magdaline Raleru
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Magdaline Raleru »

Wow! this book has quite an interesting story line. I look forward to reading this book to obtain all the information.
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

Healing from a broken heart is not quite easy, and I'd love to see what kind of tips that the author infused in this work of poetry. I'll read this. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”