Review of The beginning of the end

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Review of The beginning of the end

Post by Vivian Stones »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The beginning of the end" by Victoria Crutchfield.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Beginning of the End by Victoria Crutchfield is a collection of forty-two poems with some poems having beautiful pictures and art, which serve as an illustration of what the poet is describing. This collection is full of soul, heart, eye-catching imagery, and metaphors that would leave a mark. The poems are of different lengths. Some are long like “Age,” others are short like “Bliss,” while some are neither short nor long.

The themes that can be found in the book include love, pain, regret, finding oneself, and many others. These are feelings many readers can relate to. The poem also serves as an inspiration to people and motivates people not to give up because of depression or suicidal thoughts but to keep fighting because they aren’t alone. It shows or gives you an idea of what true love is or what it could be like in the poems titled "Love," "Infatuation," and "Rocks.” A statement in the poem which drew my attention was, "but when that love becomes testy.... The lovers love becomes being on the rocks".

The positive aspects of this book are many. Victoria Crutchfield has a metaphorical and lyrical style, with each poem focusing on varying emotions, which include love (like the poem “Infatuation,” where she says “love isn’t infatuation …. love lasts”), pain, regret (like in the poem “You” were she said “you were my biggest downfall”), perseverance, and many more. I loved that some of the poems gave an impression of the poet or narrator speaking directly to the reader, like the poem “Stop.” The poem also encourages self-love. The poet has a way with words and painting vivid pictures of events or places, like in the poem "Sunset," "Evening Light," etc. Deep amounts of feelings are put into every word written, and every verse made. I love the stunning imagery used to explain love, heartbreak, regret, self-doubt, and many more. The poem promotes self-growth, love, self-love, and many other life-valuable lessons.

The only negative aspect I found in this book was that though it was a lovely read, it had a lot of poems on self-harm and depression, which some people might not enjoy reading.

I will be rating this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was exceptionally well edited and well written, with no profanity or vulgar words to be found and no errors or typos. My rating is also based on the poet's lovely use of the rhyming scheme. I could not deduct any star from my rating because the negative aspect I found did not affect my satisfaction with the book in a huge manner.

I recommend this book to people who love poems. I also recommend this book to people seeking inspiration and encouragement to overcome depression and loss and those who are fans of love poems.

The beginning of the end
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

I once thought to myself of writing a poem with this title, what a coincidence :D. Overall I loved your review, The book seems to be great.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I also can relate to a lot of the themes you mentioned. I think this the type of book that is going to inspire me to create and that is something I can get behind. Great review.
it is what it is ....
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

Your review is very interesting and gave me insights on what to expect from the book.
Welldone!
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

A collection of poems is always filled with different unique perspectives. I love reading things that I can relate with because it helps me to flow easily. I'd love to read this book. Thanks for your honest review.
sim-0le22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sim-0le22 »

Your review is so well put and sums up everything about the pieces in the book, which I am looking forword to read soon :D :D

Awesome review once again. :clap

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”