Review of Poems and Inspirations Words of Empowerment

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Poems and Inspirations Words of Empowerment

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Poems and Inspirations Words of Empowerment" by Robert Brantley.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Poems and Inspiration by Robert Brantley is a book of poems. The beginning of the book is inspirational paragraphs. Please bear with me during this review. This is a small collection, only 72 pages. There are 21 paragraphs in the beginning, and 11 poems in the second half of the book. The main point that I got out of these poems are always see the light during the dark times.

Poems can be basic, or very detailed. These poems are more on the simple side. I honestly had a challenging time following the entries at the beginning of the book. Most of them made no sense to me. I came across many errors in this book, like miss-spellings, and wrong punctuation. To me, this book did not seem to be professionally edited.

You can tell the author really tried to get his point across in this book, but I just did not understand many of them. To me, they did not make sense, and I even had my husband read a few, and he did not understand them either. I would rather not discourage the author by any means with my review.

After reading this multiple times, I came to a decision of rating this book at 2 out of 4 stars. I had to reread the book multiple times to see if I could make sense of them. I still was unable to understand them. The errors also put a damper on the reading as well. With the number of errors in the book, it made it distracting while reading. I will say not every single section had an error.

I did like the entry Saying Good-Bye.I have lost many people recently, and this entry made me stop and think of every good memory I had with them. No matter how one passes away, they are always missed by the ones who love them. This paragraph, I will be holding close to my heart as a reminder to remember the good times.

I did come across religion while reading. The religion of God is what is mentioned periodically. It is hard for me to do a recommendation with this because I had such a challenging time reading it myself. I will say that I recommend this book to those who are religious and enjoy poetry or small inspirational readings. This may not have been a book that I enjoyed, but that does not mean that others will not enjoy it.

Poems and Inspirations Words of Empowerment
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”