Review of Thoughts of A Critical Thinker

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Review of Thoughts of A Critical Thinker

Post by Joyful17 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Thoughts of A Critical Thinker" by Ya'AQov Ben Yah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

While we all have different backgrounds and circumstances, life happens to us all. Therefore, we may find ourselves pondering over important subjects in life concerning religion, government, spirituality, romance, love, and so on. Thoughts of a Critical Thinker by Ya'AQov Ben Yah is a compilation of deep thoughts written as poems.

This book of 43 pages is partly written as prose while other parts are poetry. The author skillfully blended these different formats into one single, harmonious book. The first poem in the book titled "Oh, You Silly Americans" paints a moving and realistic picture of life under an imperfect government. It describes the hectic lifestyle of Americans and the effect of governmental regulations. On page 27, the author shares his thoughts on parenting. I found this part particularly helpful. Having raised 8 children in total, the author is in a good position to provide parenting advice. He listed 3 reasons that genuinely warrant corporal punishment for children. He further explains how corporal punishment should be meted out, how a child's age should be considered, and how it can become abusive. Other vital subjects are also considered in this book.

I had a good time reading this awesome book. The author openly shares his thoughts and knowledge on these vital subjects. The skillful arrangement of the book and the descriptive subheadings ensure a smooth reading experience.

My favorite aspect of this book can be found on page 29, where the author wrote, "GOD is not going to punish you for RESEARCHING, FACT-CHECKING, and VALIDATING." I particularly love this advice and wish that everyone would take heed. It would go a long way in liberating many who are being deceived by religious leaders. While I do not agree with all of the author's ideas, I found many truthful facts and ideas in this book.

Another interesting section of this book is the part that discusses racism. I particularly loved the author's candor and honesty in admitting the fact that he is also prone to being racist at times. However, he goes further to discuss the ills of racism and why it is not desirable.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was exceptionally well edited. I have no dislikes about it. The poems in the book were well structured and intriguing. I wished there were more poems in the book than there are. There is much to learn from the author's broad mind. Readers who love themes of religion, spirituality, and so on would find this book informative.

Thoughts of A Critical Thinker
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Zeph Dim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeph-dim.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Zeph Dim »

It is said that you cannot tell the content of a book by its cover. Yet I must confess that I got hooked by the title of this book.
That the book got a review score of 4 out of 4 stars, was a sort of relief. It would be worthwhile engaging the mind of the author.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I love the way the book infused valuable life lessons into peoms. This is my first time encountering this writing style. The book is laden with value life lessons and it did bless me. Thanks for the review.
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

This work of poetry revolves around different things like parental work, religion, government, and everyday life. I'd really love to read thua work of poetry. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”