Review of From My Heart To Yours

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: Devine Enquiries by Martin Hull

Review of From My Heart To Yours

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From My Heart To Yours" by Myrlande E Sauveur.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is hard. The day-to-day challenges of living sometimes overwhelm us, and at such times, it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. From my Heart to Yours: A Mother's Advice to her Son is a poetry collection that serves as a guide through life and a salve for trying times.

The book is a compilation of sixteen poems and five short stories that cover an array of existential issues. "The Sailor" is a reminder not to let the fear of the unknown keep us from doing the things we love. In "The Waltz," the reader learns to forge their own path, dance to their own beat, and not follow others blindly. "A Generous Life" tells of the joy of sharing life's tangible and intangible resources with others. Finally, "Sunset" is the knot that ties everything together. It speaks of the need to enjoy the process of our journey and life's moments, even as we await whatever outcome we seek.

Poetry's ability to be so brief yet so profound and evocative has always charmed me. Myrlande E. Sauveur's words have a soulfulness that pulled me into her writing. The sense of serenity and comfort that drips from her lines enveloped me as I read. The author's work is like a companion when you need compassionate words to get through a challenging phase in your life.

Beyond how profound the writing is, the book's practicality is another appealing element. The contents apply to one's daily life because they cover a range of subjects everyone experiences.

Myrlande's language is simple, and her poems' meaning is clear, making the book an excellent start for readers new to poetry. Her compassionate and calm tone is like a balm for a troubled soul. Though the lines don't always rhyme, they transition seamlessly and have a musical harmony between them that flows from one line to another.

I enjoyed the book immensely. Myrlande's writing speaks to the heart, and she executed the collection masterfully. The book does what the introduction said it would. I am a satisfied reader; I have absolutely nothing to quibble about. Hence, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Besides poetry lovers, the book will also appeal to anyone going through a difficult phase that needs reassurance that everything will work out in the end. Some poems contain references to a creator, but irreligious people will still find plenty to enjoy in the book.

From My Heart To Yours
View: on Bookshelves
Hilgard Mayanyi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hilgard Mayanyi »

Myrlande's language is simple and very easy to understand, and her poems' meaning is clear, making the book an excellent start for readers new to poetry. Her compassionate and calm tone is like a balm for a troubled soul. Though the lines don't always rhyme, they transition seamlessly and have a musical harmony between them that flows from one line to another.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

The content of the poem is catching. The message passed across is also appealing. Though, I am not a big fan of peotry, your review has made this really entertaining.
Ivan Mukaaga
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-mukaaga.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ivan Mukaaga »

This book must be very exhilarating. Life’s challenges are immense. A book about a mother’s advice to his son is a must read. Thanks for the excellent review.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

The Human Condition is a topic I will never get tired if discussing. Poems aren't something I read a lot, but this sounds interesting.
it is what it is ....
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

Motherly advices are priceless. As humans, we encounter multiple challenges during the course of our existence. Advices and encouragement go a long way to help one's mind in staying focused. Thanks for your review.
Luckson Tembo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Luckson Tembo »

The message in the poem is very encouraging and informative and covers most of what we pass through .It is nicely written.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”