Review of Words From Walls

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Words From Walls

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Words From Walls" by DM Frech.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Words From Walls by D.M. Frech is a compilation of various poems written to give life to her innermost thoughts while going through the dredges of life. Dive into her mind as you read on.

Words From Walls contains 26 poems. Some are less than eight lines, while others are quite lengthy. They all have peculiar messages, illuminating the author's thoughts with every word. Generally, they don't have a happy backdrop, which is understandable because the introspection of life leads to such a mood. What new insight can she offer with her poems?

Poetry has always explored the abstract side of the literary world. Trying to paint a clear picture or send a message in fewer words than a story is a feat not everyone can achieve. However, the author does this effortlessly. The book title is befitting because most of the author's inspirations usually come from being alone, probably in the dead of the night while staring at walls. Every writer has been in this place at some point.

The author added pictures in some of her poems. They were usually a body of water or a lone human. They had this aura of loneliness yet basked in the beauty and vastness of nature. They fitted the poems in which they appeared. I got this personal feeling of hope from her poems.

A recurring theme of her poems was her religion. Most of them were faith-centric, as seen in how God was the subject of her poem. They spoke of her relationship with her "Maker" and how she viewed "Him." For a book of poems, it wouldn't be out of place to have favorites. Mine was "Quiet" and "Sleep Deprived." They resonated with me more. The wordings were what I had been feeling recently. It was comforting knowing I was not alone in my predicament. "My Heart Hears Nothing" was also a beautiful piece I read multiple times.

The writing was kept simple and unambiguous. D.M Frech did not use rhymes — just flow of words with coherency. I wasn't expecting any errors because writing poetry would involve attention to personal details during artistic expression. Rightly so, the editing was perfect. The book would leave you with a feeling of hope and calm. There was nothing to dislike about Words From Walls. Therefore, I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it to lovers of poetry and art. Also, avid readers of good literary work would find it interesting.

Words From Walls
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”