Review of My keto diet went to pot after the marijuana edibles I got

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Review of My keto diet went to pot after the marijuana edibles I got

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My keto diet went to pot after the marijuana edibles I got" by Pseudonym rollin dehay (Tom Davis).]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Keto Diet Went to Pot after the Marijuana Edibles I Got and Other BoneHeaded Rhymes for Boomers by Tom Davis, pseudonym Rollin Dehay, is a collection of seventy-nine rhymes that, on their surface, seem to have little meaning and seem to be lighthearted. But on deeper reflection, one can see the satirical nature of the poems.

The poems poke fun at a number of social issues, including society’s obsession with weight-watching, the incessant diets that never seem to work, climate change, and political issues. One might catch a laugh or two from the rhymes in this book, but many poems are likely to leave you flabbergasted.

I listened to My Keto Diet Went to Pot after the Marijuana Edibles I Got and Other BoneHeaded Rhymes for Boomers as an audiobook. Sparky Marx and Delores Littleman collaborated on the narration. Sparky Marx’s voice had a smooth, deep quality to it, while Delores Littleman’s voice was lilting but with an unusual tone. But they both narrated their parts satisfactorily with appropriate inflections and stresses to different words. However, a downside to this audiobook, and most others, is that readers cannot ruminate on words as carefully as a print or ebook version would have allowed. So I would urge the author to make an ebook version of this book available online.

The poems in this book seemed silly at first, so it was a little difficult to pick up their deeper meanings. Most of the poems are not interconnected. The author addressed the current diet culture of society while delving into American politics. It was a little shocking because I expected, from the title, that the book would only feature diet jokes that are peculiar to Boomers. The author’s manner of writing was mocking, and Davis’ sense of humor isn’t what I’d term normal. However, I found the rhymes fun to listen to and bop along with. It was especially delightful to discover the deeper meanings of the poems and how they light-heartedly exposed issues about climate change, politics, and other societal problems.

My biggest issue with this book was that some poems were unnecessarily raunchy. While they had their own kind of allure, I could have gone without them. Overall, though, I had no problems appreciating this book of rhymes. Readers who enjoy satirical rhymes and poems with an element of fun and light-heartedness would be the most ideal audience for this book. I did not quite enjoy Delores Littleman’s narration as much as I could have, owing to her unusual tone. Coupled with other minor issues I previously mentioned, I believe this book deserves a rating of 3 out of 4. Since it was an audiobook, there were no errors to pick.

My keto diet went to pot after the marijuana edibles I got
View: on Bookshelves
M debbie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by M debbie »

This is such an inciteful review, however, I would consider this book for next time. Great work!
Ebele Ekelobi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

I'm not a big fan of poetry, so I will pass on this one. Fans of the poetry will have a great time with this.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

I find the fact that I have to reflect on poems and may not end up getting the author's intended message very discouraging. This appears to be a wonderful book.
Dayna Frank
Favorite Book: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayna-frank.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dayna Frank »

I have not read this book yet. Your honest review has helped my decision. Thank you!
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

This is absolutely my kind of book, I really can't wait to add it to my bookshelf and read it as soon as possible. Drama novels are amazing to read. Mind-blowing review.
Jeanetta Delridge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanetta-delridge.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Jeanetta Delridge »

I love poems for this reason alone. Poems allow you to make your own interpretations of their meanings, not just what the author is interpreting. They always have a deeper meaning. I could understand the unnecessarily raunchiness as that would be a problem for me also. But I’d still give it a read just to see for myself.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”