Review of Painting Without Glasses

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3098
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review of Painting Without Glasses

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Painting Without Glasses" by Staten M Rall.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A child admirably watches their mother paint and is struck with wonder. Thirty years later, with the benefit of knowing the source of the inspiration behind the paintings, will the reverence remain? One thing is clear, though; she dared to paint, aiming for continuous improvement, not reinventing the wheel. Elsewhere, how do you feel when standing on coasts you have seen before and recognize that the impressionists painted what they really saw? What comes into your mind when you visit the grave of a departed family member or close friend?

Painting Without Glasses by Staten M Rall is in the genre of poetry. ABC Book Publishers, Inc. published the book on February 24, 2021. From painting to romance, this book is a whole gamut of human experiences and emotions. The poems give wings to the feelings it evokes and brings home that which, at times, we do not know how to describe. Remarkably, they evoke awe, admiration, and solemnity, depending on the specific piece one is reading.

I have always enjoyed any literature that engages my mental faculties; most poems provoked my thoughts. As I read them, I could not resist ruminating on the assertions presented. In addition to their thought-provoking nature, the poetic compositions were also absorbing. Equally, the diction and literary devices employed enable the reader to visualize every setting and event.

One of the aspects I enjoyed most was how most poems piqued my curiosity. Staten has perfected the art of suspense in poetry; I had to hold my breath when reading some lines, and at the right moment, everything was revealed, ending the suspense. Equally, I enjoyed the use of questions, which brought a conversational tone to the poems and made them move my heart. There is no aspect of the book that I disliked; I rate the book four out of four.

Like me, you will be delighted that you pored over the poems, slowly absorbing every word into your mind and heart. Analogous to looking intently at a fine piece of art, reading the poems is not the end; it is the door to another world. Be prepared to put yourself in the shoes of three sons eager to hear more stories from their father, who fought in one of the wars but can hardly speak at the moment. There are other shoes that you will be filling, walking side by side with the personas. I am persuaded many will suit your taste.

Painting Without Glasses
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Okorji98
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

I have always enjoyed any literature that engages my mental faculties; most poems provoked my thoughts. Great review.
P_M
Currently Reading: Leaves of Grass
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-m.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by P_M »

A very fulfilling review indeed. Great Work!
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

As an avid painter and poetry lover, I am curious to read this book. thanks for this wonderful review.
Dayna Frank
Favorite Book: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayna-frank.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dayna Frank »

Great review! I thrilled I read your review.
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

This is absolutely my kind of book, I really can't wait to add it to my bookshelf and read it as soon as possible. Drama novels are amazing to read. Mind-blowing review.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

First I was captivated by the title of the book, "Painting without glasses." On reading your review, I just want to snack through the book, have never heard of "suspense" in a poetry work, I'll love to experience one.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

First I was captivated by the title of the book, "Painting without glasses." On reading your review, I just want to snack through the book, have never heard of "suspense" in a poetry work, I'll love to experience one. Thanks for a beautiful review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”