Review of Soulful Reflections

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Soulful Reflections

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Soulful Reflections" by Linda L Franklin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As the word suggests, poems are a mystery a reader is supposed to unravel. And one thing I love about them is the hidden meanings and their preciseness. You never realize when you finish devouring a book full of poems because each has content that transports you to various multiple universes.

Soulful Reflections by Linda L Franklin contains many poems about different thoughts. In one, she reminds us that changes have to occur in life whether we like it or not. Some friends come into our lives then suddenly disappear. Maybe, we once never enjoyed physical exercise. Then we unexpectedly become gym freaks. A formerly curvaceous body changes because of pregnancy hormones. Another poem tells us actions are superior to verbal talks. You cannot say you are my friend yet not show up during my grieving period.

We have a poem about missing a loved one. You miss their touch and caresses. Plus, their smile and humor. Another is about how love is a mutual concession. Partners are supposed to help each other grow, and compromise is part of the process. Linda reminds us that love is full of laughter, forgiveness, passion, and other virtues. Sadness is part of life. The persona remembers a loved one who died and all the plans they had planned to accomplish.

I loved the images the author inserted before each poem. One is of a gigantic tree. Another is of a kangaroo; we have a dolphin, and others I couldn’t quite figure out what they were. One particular illustration was a nature trail. I could smell the trees.

I resonated deeply with one poem— “ancestors and me.” It describes the heroic work some of our ancestors achieved for us to have a better life. Some came from faraway lands to ensure we had a better life than they did. Our race, religion, and culture primarily depended on them. In the future, we will be ancestors of a generation to come. I loved that.

I did encounter very few errors. As such, Soulful Reflections is professionally edited. There was not a sole thing to despise. If anything, the book reminded me of the magnificence and mystery of life. Some people feel like family even though we are not related by blood. I award the work 4 out of 4 stars. Several poems sounded like songs; I even tried singing them to spice them. As the installment culminated, I found it thrilling how stanzas can cause a whirlpool of emotions: sadness, laughter, stimulation, etc. I recommend it to poem fanatics.

Soulful Reflections
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okorji98
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

Indeed as the word suggests, poems are a mystery a reader is supposed to unravel. Great review.
Dayna Frank
Favorite Book: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayna-frank.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dayna Frank »

You make a good point that life is a mystery. I cannot argue that. Job well-done.
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

This is absolutely my kind of book, I really can't wait to add it to my bookshelf and read it as soon as possible. Drama novels are amazing to read. Mind-blowing review.
Nina Vanderbilt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-vanderbilt.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nina Vanderbilt »

You wrote that so beautifully...poems are a mystery a reader is supposed to unravel. Yes, exactly... And we can understand them in so different ways, depending on our life experiences. Great review!
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

This is the genre of book I love to read when I'm alone during the summer break, I will definitely check it out. Your review was well summarized. Thanks for the review 👍👍
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

What you say is indeed true, poems are super amazing because of their metaphoric structuring. You just keep being wowed by the analogies. I should check the book out.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”