Review of One and All Rhymes Matter

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Review of One and All Rhymes Matter

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "One and All Rhymes Matter" by Lockdown Larcs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

At the height of the pandemic, when countries were on lockdown, people faced additional challenges, new realities, and a bleak future. The common factor was that people were confined to their homes and yards. During these uncertain times, people found creative ways to cope with their realities. Others learned how to play instruments, sing, and cook. For Lockdown Larcs, this confinement period gave him an opportunity to reflect on the events that are dear and near to his heart. These reflections sparked his creativity and invigorated his love for poetry. He then began expressing the inner turmoil he experienced through writing.

One and All Rhymes Matter is a collection of poems by Lockdown Larcs. The poems range from sad to cheerful, insightful and inspirational topics. These topics elicit deep-seated emotions that can only be brought to the surface through honest introspection and the willingness to be vulnerable and heal.

The arrangement of poems gave the book structure, coherence, and a neat outline. The poems are grouped under different topics, making it easy to understand the underlying theme. For example, under the topic titled Lockdown Birth Matters, Larcs details his experiences and shares his reflections on the pandemic. Under the topic titled Equality Matters, Larcs expresses his concerns and desires concerning equality matters in the world under different circumstances.

While some poems painted a grim picture of people’s realities and sad moments, most poems inspire hope and shed light. I truly liked the smooth fusion of bleak and upbeat poetry. The one recurring theme of humor made it easy to enjoy the book. There were no aspects of the book that I disliked. The topics were well presented and well packaged.

Reading a well-edited poetry book is an aspect of extreme importance as it allows my reading experience to flow unhinged. Because of the impeccable editing of the book, my reading experience was smooth and enjoyable. I only picked up one error in this book. The language used is clean, with a few minor profane terms here and there.

My overall rating of the book is 4 out of 4 stars. Larcs has skillfully and enchantingly described his experiences and emotions on several topics and events. These unique topics also added an element of suspense to each poem. The varying lengths of the poems also added a pleasant element to the book. The book is, therefore, ideal for readers who enjoy looking at life through other people’s lenses. I recommend it to readers who enjoy narrative forms of poetry.

One and All Rhymes Matter
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Poetry books aren’t normally my thing but hearing about the structure that has been employed and clear sections for topics, this does start to have some appeal. Thanks for the great review.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I love the author's name. :) This sounds like a thoughtful and introspective look at spending time in lockdown. I may check out this collection. Thank you for your recommendation!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I wasn't sure that's the authors real name and it's the first thing I noticed. One good side of lock down is that everyone could explore their hobbies or sides unknown. And this book is a good example. It sounds like a good collection of poems. Thanks for this great review!
Judy_Akha
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-akha.html
Latest Review: The Dragon Who Would Be King by Anne Peters

Post by Judy_Akha »

Good poems are always pleasure to read. Thank you for your thoughtful review.
Dayna Frank
Favorite Book: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayna-frank.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dayna Frank »

This seems like a book we can all relate to. This is a great review, nice job.
Faisal Kurfi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faisal-kurfi.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers: by Arthur Hartz
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Faisal Kurfi »

Your eloquent review piqued my interest of this book. I love poems, and especially those written with emotions because paint vivid pictures of events. I will add this to my TBR. Well done.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”