Review of Inspirations, Transformations and Revelations

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Review of Inspirations, Transformations and Revelations

Post by Marsha JJ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Inspirations, Transformations and Revelations" by Sarah Ritter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

With Inspirations, Transformations and Revelations, Sarah Ritter has packaged her inner thoughts into a short book of poems to be enjoyed by her readers. She gives voice to themes that are common to many of us. Ritter describes the book as “a poetic expression of my personal journey.”

There are three segments of the book. The “Inspirations” segment includes poems about topics such as being inspired by love, searching for a deeper meaning, believing in hope, and finding inspiration in a role model. “Transformations” integrates feelings of being on the cusp of change. Some of these poems were melancholy, giving a sense of a fading love relationship, while others carried a sign of forward motion. The last section called “Revelations” seemed to be more hopeful, as it had indications of joining together in a relationship and a resulting sense of satisfaction.

The poems are refreshingly brief, but they capture many thought-provoking ideas that encourage one to step back for a moment to consider them. One of my favorite poems was “Jailbird.” This poem is a reminder of the challenges one faces when trying to escape an old life to find a new path. There’s often such a strong pull back to that which is familiar. Each poem had a rightful place in the collection, and together they integrated into an insightful book. I enjoyed the author’s writing style and her creativity.

I didn’t find anything to criticize about the book. At first glance, I wondered if the poems would deliver enough substance given their short length. However, I indeed found them to be full of meaning.

Given the thoughtful content, enjoyable writing style, and uniqueness of the poems, I thought the collection was a worthwhile read. For those reasons, I rated it 4 out of 4 stars. The book was also exceptionally well edited without grammatical errors. Since the author’s style was to eliminate all punctuation marks, their absence was not treated as an error.

Inspirations, Transformations and Revelations is for those who are looking for a short, reflective book that can inspire them to look inward. I recommend the book to all poetry enthusiasts. With its short length of only seventy-six pages, it’s a nice choice for those who don’t have the patience for long books.

What inspires you? How do you wish to transform? What revelations do you want to consider as you move forward toward your future? If you need some food for thought, Inspirations, Transformations and Revelations is a book that you may find to be meaningful.

Inspirations, Transformations and Revelations
View: on Bookshelves
Telwandle Ndwandwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-telwandle-ndwandwe.html
Latest Review: The Fighting Ibex by Leo Peterson

Post by Telwandle Ndwandwe »

Sounds like a good read. I definitely prefer short and brief poems than long ones so this book is fr me. Nice review

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”