Review of Of Roses & Storms

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Review of Of Roses & Storms

Post by Adaeze Joan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Of Roses & Storms" by Sara Omar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Poetry is an art that I have come to enjoy over the years. I see it as a beautiful piece of art where the poet uses different poetic devices and elements to pass a powerful message to readers.

Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar is a collection of 154 short poems. It takes readers through the poet’s view of love and life. Each poem tells a story of its own and gives readers a different opinion on things such as love. The poems in this book were so good that I couldn’t pick a favorite. I felt a connection with the poet, as each of these poems was based on true emotions that must have either caused one to be happy, sad, or motivated. This book covered a wide range of topics, including pain, love, lust, depression, and a lot more.

I am not a fan of poetry books, but I decided to try this one, and I was not disappointed. I enjoyed all the poems in this book. I was impressed by the author’s wonderful rhymes. They were fun to read. It was one of the things that kept me reading through this book. I found this book to be an easy read. Though the poems were short, they created a huge impact and left me with a deeper understanding, which I thought was inspiring. It was exciting to discover the deeper meaning of some of the poems. The author used several poetic devices to provoke thoughts in readers and cause an emotional response. Poems can make one feel a series of strong emotions, such as love, hate, sorrow, strength, and lots more. I felt everything while reading this book. The title of each poem matched its content well.

This book seems exceptionally well-edited, as I could not detect any errors in it. Also, there was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. Therefore, I give Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I did not just find this book inspiring; I found it refreshing and entertaining as well.

Honestly, this is one of the best poetry books I have read. It shows how gifted the author is. I recommend Of Roses & Storms to people who enjoy good poetry books. I also feel this book is for anyone going through a heartbreak. In a way, the words give one strength to forge ahead. The author did quite a wonderful job on this book.

Of Roses & Storms
View: on Bookshelves
Wren Michaels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wren-michaels.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Wren Michaels »

Your review is detailed and well-written
Faisal Kurfi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faisal-kurfi.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers: by Arthur Hartz
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Faisal Kurfi »

I used to get confused reading poems, but not anymore. I'd interested in reading this book. Well done!
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

I really enjoy reading poems, I don't know if it is the style of writing or the fact that metaphors are a big part of my life. Nice review, it was worth every read.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”