Review of Suffering in Silence:Closed Mouth, Imprisoned thoughts

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Review of Suffering in Silence:Closed Mouth, Imprisoned thoughts

Post by Alex Reeves »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Suffering in Silence:Closed Mouth, Imprisoned thoughts" by JaQuel Blanchard.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Hidden and imprisoned thoughts are certainly one of the main drivers of depression. So many unspoken words have weakened the hearts of many and will continue to do so until they converse. Suffering in Silence:Closed Mouth, Imprisoned thoughts by JaQuel Blanchard is a book that dwells on these feelings in a very demanding way, digressing on them one after the other. In this book, those tiring thoughts that spring up during awkward situations in parenting, relationships, divorce, friendship, and marriage, just to name a few, were expressed so inquiringly that I was touched to my bone marrow. Children go through a tough time whenever a parent leaves for good, and although they don't know how to express their dire feelings, they are transformed and driven into a depth they can't come out of. The same goes for partners whose spouses drop the impromptu bombshell of divorce and partners who act as punching bags to their raging spouses. The feelings experienced during these situations are imprisoned, but they tear at the hearts of their hosts, scarring them for life. This book offers great advice on how to run a family, and it's one that young parents must add to their shelves. If you're one of them, I'll advise you to do what's necessary.

The closure inscribed into the pages of this book will bring relief to anyone going through similar circumstances, enlightening whoever cares to know that he or she is not alone. Children going through abandonment issues will certainly benefit a lot from this book, as it voices out the feelings birthed in a male or female child abandoned by a parent. What makes this book all the more attractive is its literary style: poetry. It offers informative rhyming sentences, making the reading process less stressful and more fun. The words in this book possess more in-depth meanings, and I appreciate the fact that the author made a note at the end of each poem to expound and break them down into smaller ideas that are easier to digest. This book is a must-read for people going through mental, physical, and emotional abuse, as it encourages the mind to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The author took his time with this piece of insightful knowledge, and I greatly appreciate his efforts, as the book educated me on the saddening events that occur in unhappy homes. It was all so overwhelming, and I feel very fortunate to have read this book. Check it out for yourself.

I'll honestly state that I found nothing wrong with this book. Although the message delivered by the book was dire and important, the author kept his tone in check throughout the entire book. He didn't try to scare off readers with gruesome tales of abusive parents but rather gave out simple advice to lessen the weight these overwhelming situations put on the abused. The language was simple, fluent, and persuasive, and this factor is one I greatly approve of. Overall, I relish the knowledge of sharing this book with the public, as everyone is certain to gain a thing or two from it.

I found only a single error in this masterpiece, so I believe it was professionally edited. However, I cannot bring myself to give this book a perfect rating because, honestly, I get bored reading lengthy poems, and this book is one of them despite its beautiful message. All said I rate this insightful book 4 out of 5 stars, and I do hope many people get to read it. It was fabulous, to say the least, and I believe that you won't regret reading it.

I recommend this book specifically to singles, young parents, and most importantly, to victims of mental, physical, and emotional abuse. However, if you're looking for a good read with a beautiful literary style to keep you busy, there's no harm in getting a copy of this book. It'll certainly do you loads of good.

Suffering in Silence:Closed Mouth, Imprisoned thoughts
View: on Bookshelves
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Faruqinspired
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faruqinspired.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Faruqinspired »

The author included a note at the conclusion of each poem to elaborate and break them down into smaller ideas that are simpler to understand because the words in this book have more nuanced meanings. People who have experienced mental, physical, or emotional abuse should read this book because it helps them see the end of the dark tunnel. I appreciate the author's careful consideration of this informative piece of knowledge because it helped me understand the tragic occurrences that take place in unhappy homes.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”