Review of God's Boys

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Review of God's Boys

Post by Itz Savaga »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God's Boys" by Alexis Kinney.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

God’s Boys by Alexis Kinney is a poetry book containing twenty-one poems that share the author’s experiences with motherhood. She is raising boys who she believes will grow to become great forces in society and is doing the best she can to instil the mentality of tenacity, fearlessness, and belief in God in her boys. She is a firm believer in God, and she wants to raise her boys on the same godly path. She describes them as wolves to signify the strength and the family spirit they should possess. Find out about the author’s motherhood experiences guided by her faith in God through the concise pages of this book.

I liked the rhyme at the end of the lines of the poems; it made reading them fun. I like that the poems were sequentially arranged. The author’s dedication to her children was endearing to read about. Parents can learn a lot from the kind and motivating words she spoke to them throughout the book. Alexis Kinney employed poetic techniques to indirectly refer to people and things, bringing the needed flair to the poems. Another beautiful thing about this book was that it advocated for the interest of hungry children all over the world, reiterating that it's the responsibility of the parents to do their best to feed and raise the next generation in a changing world. Applying the mindset and principles the author tried to communicate in this book will be a great way to unite a disintegrated family or to build one that will last a lifetime.

I didn't find anything to dislike about this book. It had everything a great poetry book should have. The lines were concise and straight to the point, and the author used very simple terms so the reader won't have a hard time interpreting and comprehending the poems. Mothers will learn a ton of lessons on how to raise the next generation of men from the author’s experiences.

I rate God’s Boys by Alexis Kinney 5 out of 5 stars. I didn't remove a star because there's no reason to do so. The book was exceptionally well edited; I found no errors in it.

I recommend this book to all lovers of Christian poetry books, especially one that predominantly teaches the need to develop unwavering faith in God and to raise great men following the same principles. Intending mothers who wish to have a glimpse of the challenges of motherhood can also read this book.

God's Boys
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Joseph Kasongo 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Joseph Kasongo 1 »

Soak up the magic of a mother's love for her growing family. Witness the vulnerability and fear that arose in the midst of a global pandemic. Watch what happens when you have faith in God and in yourself.

In a seemingly unfair world full of power-hungry greed, when mankind is more confused, more divided than ever, tap into real-life conversations with God that renew this luna wolf's spirit and her hope for a brighter tomorrow.

Aimed to inspire and unite, a generous portion of every book sold will be donated to helping children wherever we are called and able. There is an army of parents rising to protect their children. We are the ones raising the future!
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

I'm not a lover of poems works but I enjoyed reading through this review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”