Review of THUS I INVITE (ISBN 978-978-918-670-9)

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of THUS I INVITE (ISBN 978-978-918-670-9)

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "THUS I INVITE (ISBN 978-978-918-670-9)" by Owere Ayinmoloun.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

THUS I INVITE (ISBN 978-978-918-670-9) by Owere Ayinmoloun is a fantastic collection of some of the most beautiful poems ever written. The book's lovely rhythm and rhymes take the reader on a magical journey through a cloud of splendor, and the experience will make the reader enjoy poetry all the more. As you read through each piece, you will notice that each composition has its unique narrative. The first piece is about tenacity, endurance, and dedication in adversity. It tells the story of a devoted son who is willing to change the fate of his family by working hard, under pain and torment, to pay his late father's creditors. Readers will understand from this piece how perseverance can pay off even when things are at their worst.

I thought I was familiar with some past events in Nigeria, like the Ogoni land oil crises and the sad death of Ken Saro Wiwa. This book presented these events from a fresh and rich perspective. The writer wrote with an expression of anger and disappointment. He believed that was how some people felt about the situation. At the same time, in his words, he spoke of hope and faith for a better tomorrow.

The author writes a lot about the rain, the sun, and the moon. He speaks of their beauty and how they, in their unique ways, send messages to humanity. He beautifully portrays the joy of sunset and the amazement of a new dawn. He appreciates nature. In his work, he appreciates the effort of even the tiniest creature, like the ant. He makes it so lovely that you wonder if the ant is created with extra strength than a human. Readers will appreciate how he plays with words, making rhymes with even the most challenging word.

In the book, he describes Nigeria in detail — its people, oppression, corruption, bribery, and other vices. Owere Ayinmoloun uses his poetry to address the things the Nigerian people experience every day. He speaks to the government, the judiciary, the legislators, and even the ordinary person on the street. He gives his readers hope for a better tomorrow, opening their eyes to religion's role in building men and women in society and how they should hold on tight to their beliefs.

It is easy to decipher that the author is of Yoruba descent; thus, he makes sporadic use of Yoruba vocabulary without interpretations. Unfortunately, it might be challenging for non-Yoruba-speaking readers. This is the only issue I have with this book, and it's a significant one.

I recommend all lovers of literature, art, and poetry obtain a copy of this amazing book. THUS I INVITE (ISBN 978-978-918-670-9) is exceptionally edited. However, I rate it a 4 out of 5. One star is deducted for the use of non-English words without proper translation.

THUS I INVITE (ISBN 978-978-918-670-9)
View: on Bookshelves
Eriikeoluwa Nimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriikeoluwa-nimi.html
Latest Review: The Three Heavens by Paul Hitchiner

Post by Eriikeoluwa Nimi »

I'm really interested in this book. This is one of the few Nigerian authored book I've come across and it's a poem for that matter. I'll read this soon! Well done for a well written review
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

Poetry, wherever it was published, always have an effect on the mind and soul of the reader. This author enlightens every reader on the problems in his country, and I believe that is a great way to communicate. Great review!
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”