Review of Truth Bombs for Fuckboys

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of Truth Bombs for Fuckboys

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Truth Bombs for Fuckboys" by Leah Cass.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Truth Bombs for Fuckboys by Leah Cass is a book in a poetry series that talks about the five stages of grief. This one is about anger. It takes us through the five stages of anger. The five stages are: trigger, escalation, crisis, recovery, and depression. All those stages are represented in the form of chapters that contain short poems expressing those stages. The poems are short but very expressive. They talk about when the pain is still real. They talk about when feelings start to build up and make you more angry. They describe reaching the peak of your anger and having all those painful feelings, and they describe when you finally start to get better and get that awareness of what you've been through.

The strong feelings I got from this book are what I like most about it. The poems are short and condensed. They resemble the kind of things you think of after a relationship. I like that it says the things that most people go through but won't say. They say the things you want to say to your ex or to yourself. The feelings shift between strength, weakness, and strength again. This resembles what happens to us in real life. I felt sincerity, anger, strength, willpower, and progress all at the same time.

There is nothing to hate about the book. The words are clear and beautifully put together. It's of an appropriate length, and you'll face no boredom. I feel that these types of books help people recover by expressing their feelings and letting them feel like they're not alone. The writer studied psychology and wrote many other books to complete the stages of grief. I believe those would be good selections as well.

You'll find yourself nodding in agreement throughout the book. You'll feel strong and remember your weaknesses. You'll have a motive to stand on your feet again. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars. The book received some professional editing, as I only came across two minor errors while reading it.

I recommend this book to poetry lovers. I also recommend it to people who would like to share those moments and stages of anger with the writer. It's nice to feel that you're not alone. There was a photo at the beginning of the book with the phrase, "Expand consciousness, demolish foolishness." I believe this is what we are trying to do here.

Truth Bombs for Fuckboys
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

I do consider reading poems. I'm not a fan of them but when I come across an interesting one, I definitely go after it. Nice review.
zynnyx_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zynnyx.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by zynnyx_ »

I like very detailed books, and I'm a sucker for beautifully written poetry. Thank you for your review.
:D

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”