Review of From the Heart of an Old Poet

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of From the Heart of an Old Poet

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From the Heart of an Old Poet" by Gary Ades Bowker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

From The Heart Of An Old Poet by Gary Ades Bowker is an incredible collection of short poems that almost discusses everything. The author goes between topics smoothly. He goes from talking about the wishes we make when we throw a coin into a fountain to butterflies and magic. He talks about dreams, dancing, friendship, and poetry itself. He discusses the weather and the seasons. He also mentions rain. He talks about arrows and masks. He talks about the girls he met and his beloved wife. There are so many topics that I can't mention them all, but you can get to know them all when you pick up this wonderful book.

There are many things to admire about this book. The author seems to have the ability to mold the words the way he wants them. He writes short, perfect poems that have beautiful messages. He didn't lie when he said he was an old poet, which is great. He presents an old form of poetry that actually rhymes! How rare is it these days? Yet, it's my favorite and most enjoyable type. He also did something interesting for me. Before every poem, there was an introduction that explained what was coming next. The introductions talked about the history of the poem, the dedication, or the situation that led to it. I found it really useful, since you wouldn't always be able to relate to the thoughts behind a poem.

There was nothing to hate about this beautiful book. The writer is talented, and the poems aren't complicated. The descriptions helped with any vague parts. Maybe I would have preferred shorter explanations with longer poems, but that only comes from the enjoyment of these poems. I hated it when they ended. Let me also mention that even the introduction and explanations were written poetically.

I could see art all through the book, and I enjoyed every part of it. I enjoyed its diversity and the warm feelings that came out of it. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars. The editing of the book was exceptional. I didn't come across any errors while reading it.

I recommend this book to poetry lovers. I recommend it to people who like diversity and reading about many topics. I also recommend it to people who appreciate art and enjoy rhyming words as much as I do. The author doesn't use any offensive words, and the book doesn't have sexual content. So, it can be appropriate for all ages and tastes.

From the Heart of an Old Poet
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kenn Nyet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenn-nyet.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kenn Nyet »

"From the Heart of an Old Poet" by Gary Ades Bowker is an anthology of poems. I would consider reading this because I love poems.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

The poem is full of emotional feeling and imaginations. So inspiring and elated mood. Thank you so much for the review. Kudos
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Older people have the wisdom that younger ones need. I am keen to read this collection.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

This is such a beautiful review and one can tell how much you enjoyed reading this poem from your review. From the heart of an old poet is going to be an interesting read for me.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”