Review of Sifting Your Life and Gathering Pearls

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Review of Sifting Your Life and Gathering Pearls

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sifting Your Life and Gathering Pearls" by Joy Angell Stalvey Barefoot.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Poets, artisans, and philosophers strongly believe memory can heal the soul. It saves one from past mistakes, makes one happy, or even induces trauma. However, our past encounters cannot be separated from us. Past encounters can help us find the solace we need. Nevertheless, we must focus on the positive parts that can ignite the fire of love, a smile, and self-fulfillment. Sifting Your Life and Gathering Pearls by Joy Angell Stalvey Barefoot is a collection of poems that teaches the power of positive reminiscence. The book consists of two hundred and forty-four poems that take a peek into various stages of the poet's life. The poems here can help the reader sift through their lives like sand grains, hold the pieces together, and treasure the gemstones, which are the greatest gift of life.

The structure, length, and content of the poem prove that it is a work that took the poet a considerable amount of time. The contents are well articulated and can resonate with any reader. The most enjoyable part of the poem compilation is that some are woven together like stories. They are concise and thematic. Although the poet glanced through life through her lens, she motivated the reader to take a similar step of evaluating life through their lens. According to the poet, some chapters are exciting, and others are like a dream. I find interesting the chapters that emphasize that we can only sometimes be sure of what is next. The reader would also find exciting chapters based on the lens through which they look at life. These are the key elements I like in the book. I also appreciate that the formatting was perfect.

The poet put in much work, and its quality is evident. The only part of this book that might be uncomfortable is the size of the book. Humans frequently need to keep track of things when bombarded with more information. The author could improve the book by dividing the poems into parts. I do not particularly appreciate the combined two hundred and forty-four poems. 

I rate this book 5 out of 5 because of its story approach. The author presented the poems in the form of stories, which made the book a masterpiece. The book was also exceptionally well-edited. The headings were intriguing, relevant, and catchy. The formatting was neatly done, and the themes were well presented.

I recommend this book to lovers of poetry and anyone who wishes to find the motivation to think through life. This book is a powerful tool to help one rediscover their desired life choices.

Sifting Your Life and Gathering Pearls
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

I love book that is arranged in the manner mentioned in this review and will read it soon. Thanks for sharing.
Night Reader 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-night-reader-1.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Night Reader 1 »

Looking forward to reading it. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”