Review of Life’s little secrets

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Review of Life’s little secrets

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life’s little secrets" by Pearlene Coleman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book of poems is about life and living it. About the good things out there and being able to focus on them instead of the bad and ugly. This book talks about drinking to make yourself feel better, but when you wake up, you just feel worse. So, is it really worth it? This book talks about helping others and also being able to ask God for help when we need it. The book talks about working and doing your best each day and noticing the cherished people in your life. The book talks about the difference between being alive and actually living it. Do you know the difference, and which one are you doing?

Everything in life is a race; you need to learn to slow down and appreciate it. This book tells us that when times are hard, that is when we see the true people in our lives. We should also trust in God's process, as everything happens at the right time, even when that process feels slow. This book talks about how important it is to look after your body because you only have one, and that time with your family is precious.

Life’s Little Secrets by Pearlene Coleman is a book full of thought-provoking poems about life. How things affect us and motivate us to keep giving our best each day. Although God is mentioned in a few poems, I believe this book is for everyone, not just Christians. These poems are very relatable and easy to grasp. The poems are about everyday happenings, finding your loved ones, and also not giving in to the bad of the world. I, personally, believe in only focusing on the good in life because, have you ever noticed that when you focus on, let’s say, a red car, you will notice a red car literally everywhere? The same is true when it comes to what you focus on daily. If you see the good and the beautiful, that is what you will notice more, and it will also be what surrounds you mentally and physically. But focusing on the ugly, depressive, crime, etc., will have the same negative effect. So make sure you choose wisely what you want to focus on.

I have found a few small errors in all of these poems and believe that this book has been professionally edited. There was nothing I disliked about this book, and it was a very fast read. I enjoyed that the poems were relatable and easy to understand, as I have read very complex poems before, and that just left me confused. These poems had the opposite effect and even inspired me to try harder. I would give Life’s Little Secrets by Pearlene Coleman a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

I would recommend this book to people eighteen and older, for the mere reason that these poems are about living life, the struggles of daily life, etc., and I don’t think it would have the same effect on youngsters who might not have really experienced life’s struggles as someone out of school and working.

Life’s little secrets
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

This book will be very helpful to teenagers because they need to know more about life than they think they know. Great review.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Hilarybbe wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 08:04 This book will be very helpful to teenagers because they need to know more about life than they think they know. Great review.
Thank you! It was definitely a quick and fun read.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”