Review of Send Down the Master in Person

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Review of Send Down the Master in Person

Post by Akshi Porwal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Send Down the Master in Person" by A. Keith Carreiro.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Send Down the Master in Person: Reflections on Adolf Eichmann by A. Keith Carreiro is a book dedicated to the author’s parents and their generation. Adolf Eichmann was a Nazi mastermind who orchestrated the death of thousands of Jews. The book consists of an annotated poem from the perspective of a fictitious Mossad agent responsible for the capture of Eichmann after he ran away from Germany following the Nazi downfall. The poem sheds light on the monstrosity of Adolf Eichmann and the Nazis, and it recounts the torture inflicted by them. The poem is followed by a section that is dedicated to providing context for the poem and mostly Eichmann. This section spans more than half of the book.

Eichmann was a leading figure in the Holocaust, yet he managed to remain mostly hidden. He was a lion in sheep’s clothing. This is what makes his story interesting to read, as he was so elusive that barely any pictures of him even existed. The book provides a great narrative of his life and cruelty. The references section was also very informative to read and provided a good background for the poem.

I could not find any negatives to this book. The book is exceptionally well-structured and well-written. The author knows how to use words to his advantage, and the vocabulary used by him is simply beautiful. This book, through the story of Eichmann, narrates the bigger story of Nazi Germany and the courage of the survivors. The depiction of the atrocities was so vivid at certain points that it made it difficult for me to read.

I would like to give Send Down the Master in Person: Reflections on Adolf Eichmann by A. Keith Carreiro 5 out of 5 stars. The book makes for an entertaining as well as an educational read. I could think of no reason to remove any stars. I definitely enjoyed reading this book. The book has done immaculately in the editing department, as I could not find any typos, grammatical errors, or inaccuracies.

I would suggest Send Down the Master in Person: Reflections on Adolf Eichmann to be read by anyone interested in reading a book about the Holocaust. Unlike most other books, this book focuses on a figure that played a key role and yet managed to remain in the shadows. I believe that the book is a must-read for anyone, as the knowledge of one of the darkest times in the history of humanity should be known by everyone.

Send Down the Master in Person
View: on Bookshelves
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I'm not sure whether this book will provide closure or comfort or whether it will open wounds. Thanks for the review

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”