Review of Contemplacion. Thoughts and Poems.

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Review of Contemplacion. Thoughts and Poems.

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Sameena Ansar, well said, these poems are truly inspirational and make me want to learn Spanish so I could read and understand all of the poetry. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @M Ali 11, I appreciate your thorough comments on this official review. You must have read the book to gain such a wonderful insight that you relayed to readers. Thank you. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @M Ali 11, I appreciate your thorough comments on this official review. You must have read the entire book to gain such a wonderful insight that you relayed to readers. Thank you. I wish all members would be as thorough. @Mrlefty0706
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

It's encouraging for Ileana to inspire people using poetry, a path that many authors rarely take. Thanks for the recommendation.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: Alice In Dreamland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Tejas Koli »

After reading the review of "Contemplacion: Thoughts and Poems," I'm eager to dive into this bilingual poetry collection by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat. The blend of English and Spanish poems, covering personal struggles, travel experiences, and embracing resilience, sounds captivating. Can't wait to explore the unique perspective and strength conveyed through the verses. Adding it to my must-read list! 📖
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Well, i am not a good fan of peoms. Most times, I find it hard following the author's train of thoughts. I will pass along "Contemplacion. Thoughts and Poems." by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat. Thanks for the review.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

The poems in "Contemplacion: Thoughts and Poems" by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat are easy to understand, the combination of two languages restricts my ability to fully immerse myself in the complete experience of the book. I actually like the positivity of the review.congrats on #botd
Lorna Philip Enslin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

An insightful review from Hager Salem, thank you. Contemplacion: Thoughts and Poems by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat is a collection of short poems in both English and Spanish, covering many topics and recounting her journeys to places she loved as well as significant traumatizing experiences she endured over the years which she seeks to come to terms with. Her fighting spirit shines through in her poetry and I look forward to further reading of this charming collection of poems. Congrats on #BOTD.
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park by MeM Tekari

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

A collection of poems that serves as a poignant reminder of the strength of resilience and hope. The author skillfully conveys her thoughts using simple language, adding to the overall appeal of the book.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat's "Contemplacion: Thoughts and Poems" is a beautifully crafted poetry book that seamlessly weaves together English and Spanish poems, offering a unique and authentic experience for readers who appreciate the original languages.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

The author's ability to delve into a range of topics, particularly her exploration of overcoming traumatic experiences and the impact of her father's absence, adds a depth and emotional resonance to the poems that resonate with readers.
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

An interesting collection of poems written in both Spanish and English. It features topics about important aspects of life and also serves as a form of basic for learning a new language. Great read. Congrats on #BOTD
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: Affirm The Word by J. Marie Jones

Post by Alexander Victoria »

"Contemplacion" not only captures the essence of Monserrat's personal struggles but also paints a vibrant picture of her global adventures. The simplicity of her language adds a refreshing authenticity, making the poems relatable and inspiring in their call to stand tall despite life's trials.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3049
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It is good that Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat employs straightforward language, making the poems enjoyable and simple to understand. The combination of poems written in both English and Spanish sounds interesting. It will be good to read the author's descriptions of the beautiful cities and the lesson on perseverance. Thanks for the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ephrem Ayana
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ephrem Ayana »

The book intesely investigate life, love, politics nature and general society feeling through poems. The recalls the childhood memory. What deep and lovely poem. I read repeatedly. Thanks.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”