Review of Contemplacion. Thoughts and Poems.

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 644
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Review of Contemplacion. Thoughts and Poems.

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @MKJWMcB, I liked your comments on the Contemplacion Book of Poetry. The book was well-written and I enjoyed the poems in English. I wish I had taken Spanish in HS but learned French and this has not helped me in my life. Spanish would have been very useful. The book is definitely inspirational and an enjoyable read. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Harshita Goyal, I like your comments on the official review of this well-written book. I could only enjoy the poems written in English since I know very little Spanish. I made the mistake of taking French in HS, instead of a useful language like Spanish. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @DL Gardene, very good comments about the official review. Not being bilingual, I could only read the poems in English so I feel I lost out and wish I could speak and read Spanish. Readers can learn from your comments. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Gladis Ratish Kumar, I felt same way about the inspirational poems about places visited by Illena. I wish I could read Spanish so I could get the full experience of reading this book. @Mrlefty0706
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5

Post by Marissa Michael »

A poetry book about overcoming life adversity that is written both in English and Spanish. Those who can speak both of these languages can get the most of the experiences. Love the author's fighting spirit.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin, I agree with your comments on the official review. Simple to understand poetry without wordage that needs definition is the best kind of writing. I enjoyed your comments. @Mrlefty0706
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Contemplacion by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat is a collection of short, bilingual poems. The author has shared passages from her life in Cuba, as an exile in Spain, the US, as a world traveler, about her father, and her pain. She has used these poems to share her strength and her ability to overcome difficult times. I sampled a few of the poems, and I think poetry fans will enjoy this book more. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Marissa Michael, I too enjoyed Illeana's fighting spirit. A well-written book that can be enjoyed by all readers, not just poets. @Mrlefty0706
Sakshi Bhageria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-bhageria.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Sakshi Bhageria »

Hello Hager! I really like your description of the book. The book does definitely intersprese Spanish and English wihch makes it interesting for the reader, as we tend to typically think in one language at a time even if we speak multiple. Like a little nudge to our comfortable reading session, and I love that.
Great work!
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Nisha DSouza, your ability to use comments to summarize an official review is admirable. I learn from each one of your reviews. Thank you. @Mrlefty0706
M Ali 11
Currently Reading: Afterburn
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by M Ali 11 »

The book is divided into three sections: "Thoughts," "Poems," and "Reflections." Each section explores a different aspect of the human experience, from the mundane to the mystical. The "Thoughts" section is a series of insightful and introspective essays that explore themes such as identity, relationships, and spirituality. The author's writing is thought-provoking and inspiring, encouraging the reader to reflect on their own beliefs and values.

The "Poems" section is a collection of evocative and lyrical verses that explore the beauty and complexity of the human condition. The poems are rich in imagery and emotion, and the author's use of language is both powerful and poetic. The themes explored in the poems range from love and loss to nature and spirituality.

The "Reflections" section is a series of meditative essays that explore the author's personal journey of self-discovery and spiritual growth. The author's writing is deeply introspective and reflective, and the essays offer insights into the human experience that are both profound and inspiring.

Overall, "Thoughts and Poems" is a powerful and thought-provoking collection that explores the depths of the human psyche. The author's writing is both lyrical and introspective, and the book offers insights into the human experience that are both profound and inspiring. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys introspective and thought-provoking literature.
Sakshi Bhageria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-bhageria.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Sakshi Bhageria »

This book is interspersed with English and Spanish, which makes it interesting for the reader as they need to constantly make the mental switch. Unique in how it chooses to engage, so much fun!
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Chris Agbara, I appreciate your style of writing comments short and to the point to summarize an official review. @Mrlefty0706
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

The book features a blend of English and Spanish poems, offering enjoyment to English-speaking readers who may not be fluent in Spanish. It is a collection of inspiring poetry, which seems to be a great one.
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

The fusion of English and Spanish poems in Contemplacion: Thoughts and Poems offers a unique perspective on resilience and cultural richness. I'm drawn to the writer's fighting spirit and her ability to find beauty in diverse landscapes, from America to Turkey.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”