Review of Contemplacion. Thoughts and Poems.

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Re: Review of Contemplacion. Thoughts and Poems.

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This seems like an inspiring poetry book. Since I speak both English and Spanish, I believe I'll be able to fully enjoy and understand the book. It is intriguing that both langauges are used througout its pages. Thanks for a great review, and congrats to the author on BOTD!
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Congrats to the BOTD. I really do enjoy reading poems and this sounds like an amazing choice to get into.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Azuka Christian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-christian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Christian »

I personally don't develop interest in poems but since the review says there is nothing to dislike about it, I guess it's definitely worth trying. Thanks for an honest review. Congratulations on winning BOTD.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I'll take a look at this inspiring collection of autobiographical poems because I like poetry, and these are easy to understand. Thanks for the review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Yvonne Oloo
Currently Reading: Angel Falling
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-oloo.html
Latest Review: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking) by Elizabeth Moore Kraus

Post by Yvonne Oloo »

Thanks for the great review. It is encouraging to know that we are not alone in life's struggles and that others have also shared in life's challenges, fighting to stay afloat. This book seems like an encouraging read for when one is going through tough times.
Karen Heath
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Karen Heath »

I really like poetry but wasn't really thrilled with this collection . It's justy option but this book just didn't do it for me
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

I believe this book is interesting. I've never thought of a book having two languages in it. I also like the simplicity of the book and the reviewer has made it clear that there's nothing to dislike in it.
DOROTHY OMUOK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorothy-omuok.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by DOROTHY OMUOK »

I have always found the poems I have come across difficult to understand because of the use of complex words. But it sounds like Complacion is easy-to-read and understand the book of poems. It also details the author's life, which is something interesting to come across in poems. Nice review.
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 19%

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback on "Contemplacion: Thoughts and Poems" by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat. It's wonderful to hear that you found this poetry book to be a compelling and inspiring read.

The fact that the poems were originally written in both English and Spanish, without translation, adds a unique touch to the book. It allows readers to appreciate the raw authenticity of the writer's words and emotions in their original languages. It's fascinating to see how Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat's experiences have shaped her writing, particularly regarding her journey of overcoming hardships and dealing with the absence of her father. Her resolute spirit in the face of adversity shines through her poetry, urging readers to find the strength to persevere.

The poet's exploration of her travels and the places she cherishes adds another layer of depth to the book. From her perspectives on America's privileges to her affection for the beautiful cities of Turkey, she weaves a tapestry of experiences that resonates with readers. The use of clear and comprehensible language in her poetry is a refreshing aspect that allows the messages to reach a wide range of readers without undue complexity.

It's great to hear that the inclusion of personal photos added a personal touch, enhancing your reading experience. And the absence of any noticeable errors speaks to the professionalism of the editing, ensuring a smooth and polished final product.

Thank you once again for sharing your positive review of "Contemplacion: Thoughts and Poems." Your enthusiasm for the book is evident, and your rating of five out of five stars speaks volumes. We hope that this collection continues to inspire and uplift readers, regardless of their linguistic background.

Happy reading!
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 607
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

This is a kind of poetry that I have never come across before. Thank you for the review.
esuga-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by esuga- »

Maybe this is the opportunity I've been waiting for to learn Spanish, will give it a try.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

"Poetry is the voice of our collective soul." I couldn't agree more. Your highlighting of the clear and encouraging tone in the English part of the book makes it enticing. The mention of professional editing instills confidence in the book's quality, and a flawless reading experience is always a plus.
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

This is beautiful. It reminds me of the days I used to write poetry in sad moments. I always felt much better afterwards. I do hope the author had the same healing experience.
Thank you for the review.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

I appreciate your detailed insights into "Contemplacion." The writer's use of clear and comprehensible words in poetry is indeed refreshing. Your emphasis on the fighting spirit and encouragement to move on resonates well, making the book sound emotionally compelling.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

I appreciate your detailed insights into "Contemplacion." The writer's use of clear and comprehensible words in poetry is indeed refreshing. Your emphasis on the fighting spirit and encouragement to move on resonates well, making the book sound emotionally compelling.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”