Review of Contemplacion. Thoughts and Poems.

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Re: Review of Contemplacion. Thoughts and Poems.

Post by Chad Anthony »

The idea of blending English and Spanish poems is intriguing. Your openness about not speaking Spanish but still enjoying the book showcases its universal appeal. The inclusion of personal photos adds a personal touch, enhancing the overall reading experience.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Abhishek Gupta 13, I enjoyed reading your very thorough comments on the official review. I learn from the styles used by other members. I do not use their reviews just learn from the style they use. Thank you. Have a great week. @Mrlefty0706
Javeria Abu Sufyan
Currently Reading: The Half Book
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Javeria Abu Sufyan »

"Illeana Metcerett's 'Contemplation: Thoughts and Poems' offers readers a journey through the depths of introspection and the intricacies of human emotion. Through a collection of poems, Metcerett delves into themes of love, loss, nature, and the human experience, inviting readers to contemplate their own existence alongside her.

One of the strengths of Metcerett's work lies in her ability to evoke vivid imagery and evoke deep emotions through her poetry. Her use of language is both lyrical and evocative, drawing readers into the world she creates within each poem. Whether describing the beauty of nature or the complexities of human relationships, Metcerett's words resonate with authenticity and sincerity.

However, while Metcerett's poetry is undeniably beautiful, some may find certain themes or motifs repetitive throughout the collection. While repetition can be a powerful literary device when used purposefully, in 'Contemplation,' it occasionally feels overdone, leading to a sense of déjà vu for readers.

Additionally, while Metcerett's exploration of universal themes is relatable to many readers, some may find themselves craving more originality or unique perspectives within her work. While her reflections on love, nature, and the human condition are timeless, they occasionally lack the fresh insight or innovation that sets exceptional poetry apart.

Overall, 'Contemplation: Thoughts and Poems' is a beautifully crafted collection that offers readers a glimpse into the inner workings of the human soul. Metcerett's ability to capture the essence of human emotion through her poetry is commendable, and her work is sure to resonate with those who appreciate introspective and thought-provoking verse. However, while the collection is undeniably powerful, it falls short of achieving true greatness due to occasional repetition and a lack of truly unique perspectives."
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Javeria Abu Sufyan, I enjoy reading the comments of other members and I really liked your review of the official review. Your comments are very thorough and make the book even more enticing to read. Thank you. @Mrlefty0706

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”