Review of Reflections

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of Reflections

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Reflections" by Vijay Mehra.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Reflections: A Potpourri of Poems on Life, Love and our Human Condition by Vijay Mehra is a poetry book that delivers the writer's point of view about many topics in the form of beautiful poems. The poems talk about the philosophy of life and our nature. It discusses the combination of love and sex. It talks about friendship and betrayal. It asks many questions about human nature and the world as we live in it now. Also, there is a poem that talks about positivity and how we choose to look at things. Finally, there was a poem that talked about the things humans tend to do in the name of God.

The book was great. I enjoyed every page of it. People nowadays tend to overcomplicate poetry and use unusual language mixed with vague ideas. That's not the case here. I felt like it was the writer talking to me about his ideas in a beautifully rhyming way. The poems were of good length. They weren't too short to miss the idea, nor too long to be bored. I felt they had the perfect length. The language used was simple, which makes it better for the reader, but I'm sure it took more effort on the part of the writer to let it out this way. I have to say that I really liked the cover photo. I always enjoy looking at seagulls, and the photo represented the book well.

There is nothing to hate about this book. The philosophy introduced through it is simple and deep at the same time. The writer asks legitimate questions and gives some reasonable explanations. He encourages positivity and looking at what we have instead of what we lack. He criticizes the horrible actions that people tend to do under the name of God, which can't be further away from what God wanted people to do. He talks about how we handle life and what really matters in it. He gets you thinking about all of these topics.

The writer is a natural talent. It's not easy to write simple and deep poetry. The book is enjoyable and discusses many interesting and touching topics. The book received professional editing. I didn't notice any errors across its pages. Therefore, I rate Reflections: A Potpourri of Poems on Life, Love and our Human Condition by Vijay Mehra five out of five stars.

I recommend the book to people who like rhyming, uncomplicated poetry that talks about life and some things in it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Reflections
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
ojukwu2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojukwu2.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by ojukwu2 »

It's always interesting to come across such wonderful reviews. Adding this book to my bookshelf ASAP for possible reading in the future. Kudos.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”