Review of Justifying Justin

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Review of Justifying Justin

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Justifying Justin" by P. Pierre.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever loved someone so perfect, soft, gentle, and caring? He made you feel as if you were everything, but then somewhere along the way, everything changes. The communication disappears, you can’t do anything right in his eyes anymore, everything is your fault, and you start wondering if he even ever really cared about you. Was the whole relationship just a game where he wanted to catch you, and when he did, the hunt was over and he was done with you? It makes you feel used, and you start doubting yourself. But even through all this hurt, you still love him. You want to make it work and go back to him. Open yourself up again, although your mind is screaming at you. Your heart argues that it still cares and can make it right again, make him care, and see you again.

I believe we all go through this at some point in our lives, and I know that I have. I felt everything in these poems so deeply, as if it were my own broken relationship and emotions being displayed. I was drawn to the author from the first poem. I never really realized what a narcissist is until that one relationship that rocked everything that I ever believed in. Mostly, they don’t even realize that they have a narcissistic personality. And most of the time, we turn submissive and only act as they want us to, so we can try and stop any possible conflict, but they always find something that we did or said wrong. The abusive words bury themselves in your head, and it is very hard to get them out and find your true self again.

This book reflects on so many relationships and the difficulties they face. The author went to therapy to try and sort out her emotions and feelings. With every therapy session, she reflects on what she learned and how it affected her. It also shows how difficult it is to stay away from such a toxic relationship when the feelings are still there, even when your head knows better. I enjoyed the twist in the poems where we could see his side of the story and how he felt during the relationship. I wasn’t expecting that, and I wasn’t disappointed at all. These poems are trying to show how you can love someone without losing yourself in the process.

I didn’t find any errors while reading, which leaves me to believe that this book has been professionally edited. I only found one profanity and some hints at sexual intimacy. I would rate Justifying Justin by P. Pierre a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. This book is definitely thought-provoking. It shows so much heartache, dreams, beliefs, and honesty that you can’t even help getting submerged in it.

I would recommend this book to women, especially those in toxic or difficult relationships or who have come out of bad relationships. There are so many internal struggles shown in this book, which I believe will resonate with a lot of people coming out of similar situations. The author did talk about turning to God during her self-doubt and struggles, but I do believe that this book is meant for everyone.

Justifying Justin
View: on Bookshelves
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I knew I have been in a toxic relationship, and I learned from that mistake. Sometimes, I have to go through a situation to get a realization, and now I know better. I feel like the author poured all her emotions into this book and I would love to submerge in it. I wanna know what the author experienced about relationships, whether toxic or not, and want to know what lessons she learned. Your review, Hubre is always astounding!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”