Review of Voices from a Forgotten Letter

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Re: Review of Voices from a Forgotten Letter

Post by Emeka Emordi »

The intense imagery painted by Seif-Eldeine, especially children playing on rubble and a dying soldier's final thoughts, is emotionally evocative. The connection between Christmas decorations and the soldier's blood is hauntingly beautiful. I'm captivated by the depth of these poems and compelled to experience the raw emotions they convey.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The review provides a unique perspective on the Syrian conflict, highlighting the resilience of individuals amid war. The heartbreaking poem of a refugee bride struck a chord, showcasing the emotional impact of the war on personal lives. I'm drawn to the humanity within the verses and would love to delve into this poignant collection.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The review's vivid depiction of life during the Syrian Civil War is powerful. Seif-Eldeine's portrayal of everyday struggles, such as an elderly mother's battle with diabetes, adds depth to the narrative. Intrigued, I'm eager to explore the emotional landscapes in "Voices From a Forgotten Letter."
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

What a touching review of this heart-rending collection of poems! I have lost family members in the past five years, so I am avoiding sad stories. But I would have dared open this book if it were free. War is painful whichever side you're in.
Sameeha Ismail
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

Yes, "Voices from a Forgotten Letter" is a beautiful poetry collection. How could life continue while the turmoil of war hangs around your neck? The poem answers that question by painting the resilience of people.

Split all ends up they shan't crack;
And death shall have no dominion.

This is a line from Dylan Thomas that resonated with the scenario depicted in the book.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

This collection of poems provides a poignant perspective on the impact of war in Syria, portraying the resilience of daily life amidst conflict. The vivid imagery captures the intensity of experiences, from children playing on rubble to the emotional struggles of a refugee bride.
Rashad Deniro Price
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

I see from this review that Seif Eldeine has done a great job with this poetry collection, capturing the realities of life in the war-torn Syria and other societal issues in the region. I look forward to reading this book and knowing all there is about this particular time in the politics history of Syria.
Kooex007
Currently Reading: Emma
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kooex007 »

The effect of war on the life of people of Seria is captured in the book 'Voice from a forgotten letter', life must go on even if their is war going on ; people got married , law been violated .....
The poem gives details of the Seria war to anyone who cares to know
Renee S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Renee S »

I can understand how war impacts a place and its people. Manipur, a small state in the northeastern region of India, has been embroiled in a civil war between two ethnic communities for almost nine months now. It is heartbreaking to see that not much has improved today. The people of Manipur dream of returning to normalcy, but most have lost hope in the state or the central government. While this may not be as tragic or significant as the conflicts in Russia-Ukraine or Israel-Hamas, people in the state are still suffering. There isn't even sufficient media coverage about this issue. Forget about the world; most of India is oblivious to or silent about what is happening in this small state. However, life continues.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 86003
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1358%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

its a war correspondent of the immigration, the syrian civil war i will recomend it

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”