Review of Voices from a Forgotten Letter

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Review of Voices from a Forgotten Letter

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Micaela Brothers, I liked the way you viewed the official review. I also love history and unfortunately there is so much history of torture and slavery in the U.S. and many countries in the world. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Tejas Koli, when I read the official review, I immediately thought about ancient Greek poems that portrayed their history. The big difference is the ancient Greek poetry happened thousands of years ago and did not focus on the suffering and torture like "Voices from a Forgotten Letter". This is too close to home when I think about what may happen as a result of the current political tension in the U.S. especially if it ignites another U.S. civil war. @Mrlefty0706
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

"Voices From a Forgotten Letter: Poems on the Syrian Civil War" is a collection of touching, necessary poems that describe the lives of the people living in Syria (and other war-torn areas). The poems show just how much effect war has on people's everyday lives. Congrats on BOTD!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Izana Oji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Izana Oji »

The title of the book left a deep impression in me, and that's why I chose to read it. And when the author mention about a woman, who married a man she didn't love and had to endure his 'assaults', still makes my blood boil in rage even untill now. I also like it when the author mention, and explain on the difficult and harsh life that the Syrian people faced in their lives, as it gaves me an understandings on what they experienced in their daily lives
Smrithi Arun
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

Voices from a Forgotten Letter is a compilation of intense poems revolving around life after the civil war in Syria. I hope it reaches the right audience and is appreciated by them. Congrats on the BOTD!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Somtochukwu O Ezeme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somtochukwu-o-ezeme.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Somtochukwu O Ezeme »

I love reading books on civil war because they teach me much about humanity and its sustainability. I have witnessed the impact of civil war in my country, and I know that every leader should read this book to help them make better decisions.
George Shachizumanana
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 6
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by George Shachizumanana »

The sounds more interesting,it shows how civil war affects sirya, a love story, a mother living with diabetes...
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the author's depiction of the effects of war in Syria's civil war. The author covers such atrocities as the abhorrent conditions refugees face in employment and violence in marriage. Thanks for the review.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by grace ruhara »

This is an interesting yet emotional book that reminds you of what happens in war and after. The book reminds you to be grateful of the tranquility and peace that you experience and enjoy.
Dan Polumbric
Currently Reading: The Return of the Knights
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-polumbric.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Dan Polumbric »

An heartfelt and timely collection of poems that remind us of horrors and complexity of war. The author's colourful imagery of Syria during the Civil war and the immersion in the culture reminds me of the Kite Runner. The glossary is helpfully added to explain words and concepts. Recommend for both poetry fans and for the regular reader.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading: The Slippery Road.
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Your review eloquently captures the profound impact of "Voices From a Forgotten Letter: Poems on the Syrian Civil War." Seif-Eldeine's vivid imagery and poignant storytelling provide a unique perspective on the resilience of Syrian lives amid conflict. The glossary is a thoughtful touch, enhancing the reader's understanding. A well-deserved 5-star tribute.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading: The Slippery Road.
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Your review eloquently captures the profound impact of "Voices From a Forgotten Letter: Poems on the Syrian Civil War." Seif-Eldeine's vivid imagery and poignant storytelling provide a unique perspective on the resilience of Syrian lives amid conflict. The glossary is a thoughtful touch, enhancing the reader's understanding. A well-deserved 5-star tribute.
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

Voices From a Forgotten Letter offers a different perspective on the Syrian conflict, showcasing life's continuity amidst chaos. The heart-wrenching poem of a refugee bride, the poignant thoughts of a dying soldier, and the everyday struggles add depth.
Katale Sulaiman 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Katale Sulaiman 1 »

A war is a war but lives matters, because even long ago in centuries people were fought for land and concurring the miles and miles of land.
But let me ask? What if wars are not there in us, and have piece and hopefully what would behaves like? And how the world would looks like?
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

The book sounds like a soulful one. The Syrian war and other problems that stemmed from the war are finally brought to light in a more wholesome manner. War is never beneficial to humans. The effects are way more devastating than people can see.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”