Review of Termites amidst the Milky Way

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samantha Barnes 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-barnes-3.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Review of Termites amidst the Milky Way

Post by Samantha Barnes 3 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Termites amidst the Milky Way" by Carolyn Srygley Moore.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Termites Amidst the Milky Way, written by Carolyn Srygley Moore, is a book comprised of multiple poems depicting how violence and war have become too common in everyday life. This book is relatively short, containing only 104 pages, but each poem delivers a powerful, albeit sometimes hidden, message about the atrocities of war. The short book is made up of 45 separate poems that all delve into the same subject: the horror war inflicts upon innocent people.

I liked the unique structure of each poem. Some poems were far easier to read and understand than others. I had a lot of fun trying to figure out the rhythm of each poem amidst their chaotic composition. I thought the inclusion of the various symbols was unique, and the author’s different style of writing made me slow down as I read in order to fully grasp the poems.

I liked that the author allowed me to draw my own conclusions as I was reading instead of making her point obvious. There were some poems that I understood a lot easier than others. I enjoyed that some of the poems were vaguer in their meaning because it allowed me to ponder their intention on my own and conclude their purpose. I often found myself rereading some of the poems to see if I could draw a different meaning than the first time I read them.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. It was entertaining to read, and the book kept me glued to the pages from the beginning to the end. I thoroughly enjoyed each poem for its thoughtful insight. Along with that, I noticed no grammatical errors as this book was exceptionally well edited.

Due to the reasons listed above, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. This book was a terrific read that I would enjoy reading again and again. I would recommend this book to people who are interested in poetry or even readers who enjoy history.

Termites amidst the Milky Way
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

I love poetry, writing, and reading it. Your review was well-constructed, and I am glad you enjoyed the book. I'll have to add this book to my bookshelves.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”