Review of I want to change my hair

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Review of I want to change my hair

Post by Bef Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I want to change my hair" by Hannah Burris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I want to change my hair, by Hannah Christine Burris is a lovely poem that talks about a girl’s hair and some of the impressions people get from it. This poem talks about how she wants to change her hair and how she wants to do creative things with her hair that will make people want to stare. In this poem, she also talked about some of the misconceptions people may have based on the color of others' hair. Get a copy of this amazing poem.

I totally enjoyed reading this poem. It was catchy and very creative. It was written in a way that will motivate girls to care about and take care of their hair. I also love how this poem points out a stereotypical misjudgment of girls based on the color of their hair. It says that one should not judge a book by its cover, and hence one should also not be judged just because of how they look. I love the creativity and the rhyming within the poem. They were soothing, and I just longed for more.

I disliked only one part of this poem. It was so filled with numerous errors that it posed a challenge for me to read some of the lines. I hope that this issue is looked into so that it does not further reduce the quality of this poem. Aside from this, this poem was lovely, and I enjoyed reading it.

I would have given this poem a full rating, but the numerous errors really disrupted my flow of enjoying this poem, so I rate this poem 4 out of 5 stars. This poem was not professionally edited, and more work should be done to change this positively.

I recommend this poem to people who love to read poems, especially young girls who may have doubts about how they should style their hair. This poem says that they can make that change to their hair and still look good.

I want to change my hair
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”