Review of Peace In Kind

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Review of Peace In Kind

Post by Not available anymore »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Peace In Kind" by Richard Parnes.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Peace in Kind is a wonderful book of poems by Richard Parnes, consisting of 95 pages and featuring a cover painting on which the author left a note about its history and how it became the cover art. This unexpected gift had deep meaning for the author.

The book is a tribute to God and contains poems that explore various topics, such as love, acknowledging God, Christ, and the grace of God. Many poems express gratitude towards God, emphasize the importance of listening to the Lord, and encourage patience. The book also offers lessons on reading and meditating on the Word of God. Overall, it is a wonderful book that is worth reading multiple times.

The author's literary descriptions and arrangements are beautifully aligned and have a way of drawing the reader's heart to God. The poems tug at the heartstrings and provoke thought while warming the heart at the same time. Most of the poems have a musical rhyme that could easily be mistaken for verses from songs or hymns. The author poured out his feelings in the poems, which eventually led to hope in Jesus. The poems in this book allow readers to see the beauty in following Jesus and having a relationship with Him. It also highlights Christian virtues, which I really like.

This book is formatted perfectly, and the little illustrated designs in the background of each page and the beautiful font the poems are written in all added to my enjoyment of the book and made it more pleasant to read. I rate it five out of five stars, as it is professionally edited with just two errors found while reading.

I recommend Peace in Kind to Christians and readers who enjoy bright and hopeful poems. The book is also ideal for those who are musically inclined and anyone looking for a poem that will draw their heart to God. I also think it is suitable for all readers and lovers of poetry.

Peace In Kind
View: on Bookshelves
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you Your review perfectly captures the essence of the book, particularly how the author poured his feelings into the poems to express his love for God and Christian virtues. It's heartwarming to read about how the poems provoke thought, warm the heart, and remind readers of the beauty of following Jesus and having a relationship with God. I appreciate that you mentioned the book's flaw, which is the absence of a table of contents, but it is good to know that it is just a minor issue in light of how well-written and professionally edited the book is. Your review is an excellent recommendation for Christians, readers who enjoy bright and hopeful poems, and poetry lovers. After reading your review, Peace in Kind is now on my must-read list.
Joshua Olayomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bestwriter77.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Joshua Olayomi »

The author's use of language is captivating and imaginative. His choice of words is impeccable, and his use of metaphors and symbolism helps to convey complex emotions and ideas. The poems are easy to read, but at the same time, they are profound and thought-provoking.

The cover art is stunning and adds to the overall appeal of the book. Thanks
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

I found the review to be very breezy and easygoing. I hope the poems in the book are in the same manner. Will definitely give it a read. Thank you for your review
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

For those seeking guidance in life and with an interest in engaging devotional literature, this book appears to be a superb option. Great review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”